Insomnia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Insomnia

So I have always been a GREAT sleeper (hit the pillow and I am out kinda girl).

So the last couple weeks I am exhausted but can't sleep. I put a call into the dr but have not heard back if this is normal and how long it is going to last or what I can do about it.

So question is is this common after hyst? Now I still have my ovaries so that is why I am wondering what is going on.

I would hate if it is going to be like this forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 08:16 AM
insomnia

Hi There,
I see we have the same hyster date! The insomnia thing has hit me too ,Last week it was the week 3 "wall"could not sit my repairs nearly drove me nuts ,pain,swelling pressure etc,etc.
Well this week i cannot sleep and i mean at all.last night was the pits i was so tired(have not napped during the day since day 4)Up all day feeling good and i finally went to bed at 8.30 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! just dozed for three hours then got up again(to see if it would be better tonight.)as you see its not worked i feel wide awake but exausted!!!!!!
I hope when i can get out a bit more driving ,walking fresh air that will improve otherwise we will go nuts!! keep me posted if you find any suggestions. :
Unread 08-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Insomnia

havehope

I'm sorry you're experiencing this but it is very common, I'm afraid. So much so, we even have a smilie for it!

I hope some more of your ((sisters)) will be along soon to share but, in the meantime, it will help you to try a Google Search of HysterSisters (towards the top right of every page), which will reveal hundreds of experiences to read through. Here's a link to one thread to start you off: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...light=insomnia. We also have an HS article <link> Dealing with Insomnia after Hysterectomy, which I hope will help, too.

Sending all good wishes and I hope it improves very soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Insomnia

I've had it all my life so I can't tell the difference aside from without my meds (Ambien) I only need four hours of sleep instead of five.
Unread 08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Insomnia

I am nearly 4 mths post op and still suffer from it occasionally. I had insomnia for nearly 6 weeks after mine. It was not a big deal for me because I am a school teacher, but man it is killing me right now. I have found that even now I need 9-10 hours of sleep each night to be able to function the next day. Last night I could not sleep. I took an ambien, drank some warm milk, remifemin and finally fell asleep after 2 am. I had to be up at 6:30 so it was a short night. I was exhausted today at work and am about to head to bed. I have NOT ever gone to bed before 7 pm, but i am tonight. Insomnia does get better, but your body needs rest even 4 mths after the surgery. It takes a year to fully recover and I believe it. Take care of yourself and listen to your body.
Unread 08-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Insomnia

Thanks. My dr called back and they told me to try Tylenol PM first and if that does not work than call them.

They also said it is normal post op, but they only said for a month, well I am a month so hmmmmm....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register