How do you do it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you do it? How do you do it?

Unread 06-02-2004, 09:26 PM
How do you do it?

Up until the last couple of months (immediately following d&c)I've only had cramps two days a month.I've been having some mild cramping off and on.I'm already tired of it.I don't hurt to bad ,it's just the constant pain.Alot of you ladies have suffered for years with a lot worse. How do you do it? I can't imagine going through this for years.I really for you all!! I hope you all are getting some relief.
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 09:39 PM
How do you do it?

Your so sweet!

I have had pain for years. Though I don't think as bad as a lot of the Ladies I've met here at Hystersisters. I hope and pray for relief for you and all of them very soon!

I feel like I have a high pain thresh-hold. Though I ate a lot of ibuprofen! I should have bought stock in it. lol - My new and wonderful Doc finally prescribed me some pain meds. He actually believed me when I said I was in constant pain.

Isn't Hystersisters a wonderful place?!?!?

LIW Trina
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:54 PM
How do you do it?

I was looking for a post like this. I don't have the horrible pain that I've read about. I do have fibroids with heavy bleeding, clotting, borderline anemia that interferes with my life 4 days a month on avg. Some months are better than others.

My Dr indicates a hysterectomy is likely in the future (as in not critical now) and it is more or less up to me as to when to push for it.

At what point did you all say enough is enough? Was it at a point that there was no waiting any longer?

I'm not really sure if I explained it well, but hoping you can offer some insight.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 10:04 PM
How do you do it?

HI- I lived with the pain for over10 years.. I guess when my dh and kids kept asking what was wrong and the 4 year old I took care of asked me if I didn't want to go for a walk cuz I had a headache... Made me stop and realize what was I doing to myself and my family... I wanted to be able to be a loving wife and enjoy making love instead of having the lights off so my dh wouldn't see me cringing in pain... And my kids wouldn't have a crabby mom from the pain...
oh I am 34 and sooo glad now that I went ahead with the surgery
Unread 06-02-2004, 10:09 PM
How do you do it?

I would have done this years ago if I would have had the right doctor. I'd say about 4-5 years ago.
Unread 06-02-2004, 10:22 PM
How do you do it?

I'm still taking motrin almost daily now so i think I should by stock too.lol The dr. has suspected endo for 3 or 4 yrs now but I just had it confirmed with the lap in april.I thought i had heavy bleeding until i read some of the horror stories here. I don't have it as bad as most of the ladies here,but decided to go ahead so that i won't get as bad.I know the endo will only get worse with time. I will be 39 in less than 2 months ,so menopause is awhile off.The pain and bleeding has been increasing over the last year too. I'm not having anymore children so my biggest concern is the Hrt. And will I be my self after the surgery.
Hugs to you all!
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:06 PM
How do you do it?

Quote:
Originally posted by azsunn
I was looking for a post like this. I don't have the horrible pain that I've read about. I do have fibroids with heavy bleeding, clotting, borderline anemia that interferes with my life 4 days a month on avg. Some months are better than others.

My Dr indicates a hysterectomy is likely in the future (as in not critical now) and it is more or less up to me as to when to push for it.

At what point did you all say enough is enough? Was it at a point that there was no waiting any longer?

I'm not really sure if I explained it well, but hoping you can offer some insight.

Thanks!
azsunn, for me, I said enough is enough when I had 2 months in a row that I had to have clean clothes brought to me at work because I had been 1/2 hr late changing my pad. I also got tired of having to clean the upholstery of my chair at work and NOT gross out the men I work with who would pass by. I couldn't live my life hiding at home because I might have an accident when I stood up from sitting - I have a desk job afterall. Also, the anemia was dragging me down to the point that I couldn't accomplish any where near my share of the tasks needed to keep a household running reasonably anymore.

The rest of the details leading up to my surgery are in my Journal - just click the link under my name to the left of this post.
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:16 PM
How do you do it?

Ive had intermittent severe pain for over 10 years. Due to endo and other cysts Ive had several laporascopic surgeries. The last surgery was 8 mos ago. I had one tube and ovary out. He found a ton of adhesions along with all the endo. I wanted the doctor to do the LAVH, BSO then. He did not want to, he is a very conservative doctor and wanted to try to keep me from going into immediate menopause. I figured that I would soon be back. I was right. I did not want to be right!

The pain is too much. I have so much medicine. I cant take Ibuprofen, Tylonol, aspirin and now even Vicodin forever. I feel like a walking medicine cabinet. The endo messes with my bowels and my bladder. Worse now then ever. I love my DH and we are told we act like teenagers in love. We have a fantastic relationship that includes a very happy healthy sex life. The only thing that interferes is the PAIN! grrrrrrrr.

So here I am hoping that now that Im finally getting all this out of me that I am fairly pain free. I know there will certainly be a healing period of time. I expect that. Im looking forward to being pain free and having no need for anymore surgeries for a long long time.

Its fortunate that some of you have not had to suffer for long. But you shouldnt I highly recommend taking good care of yourseves and ask your doctor alot of questions. No questions is a bad question, not when its your health your dealing with.
Unread 06-03-2004, 07:17 PM
How do you do it?

Thank you all for your responses!
Unread 06-03-2004, 08:04 PM
How do you do it?

After suffering for a few years my Dr. told me that the surgery was inevitable and left it completely up to me and my other Dr.s I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have recently gone on to a medication (Embrel) that is working wonderful for me. My RA Dr. recommended that I go forward with the LAVH now while I am more mobile than I have been in several years and my recovery will likely be easier. I was not sure that I wanted to "ruin" my summer while I'm getting around so well, but I guess if my joints are feeling better I should take care of the prolapse and get the repairs done I need so I will feel good internally as well! Surgery was scheduled for June 17 but an opportunity for a July 4th trip to a field hockey tournament convinced me to reschedule to July 15th.

It is a personal decision when to have the surgery, you need to consider the pain you are in and how it will affect other parts of your life. I'm glad my decision has been made and that I have time to read all of the posts here and gather as much information as possible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register