TLH Granulation tissue after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation tissue after hysterectomy Granulation tissue after hysterectomy

Unread 04-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Granulation tissue after hysterectomy

Hi guys!!!!! What is granulation tissue? Why does it happen?? I read a lot of post on here concerning it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Re: Granulation tissue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbmma922 View Post
Hi guys!!!!! What is granulation tissue? Why does it happen?? I read a lot of post on here concerning it....
My understanding is that granulation tissue forms when the body almost overreacts in its effort to heal. Once it is removed true healing can take place. I needed to have granulation tissue removed 3 months after my hyster.
Unread 04-14-2016, 03:29 PM

How do they remove it? Did it take you longer to heal? How did you know you had it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbmma922 View Post
How do they remove it? Did it take you longer to heal? How did you know you had it?
(1) I had it removed in a day procedure in hospital under anaesthetic. Did not ask exactly what was done.

(2)After it was removed I healed fairly soon - it was a long time ago so I cannot remember exactly how long, but it didn't take very long at all.

(3) I developed a pinkish/brownish discharge which I noticed about 2 months post op and a burning sensation internally. Both symptoms were getting worse so I rang my dr. and he diagnosed it.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have and I will try and answer them as best I can.
Unread 04-14-2016, 06:16 PM

Thank you very much for your response. Definately something to keep an eye out for!
Unread 04-14-2016, 07:34 PM

Granulation is scar tissue that starts to form over an unhealed area, thus preventing/slowing true healing. Silver nitrate is applied to granulation tissue to cauterize it away so the incision underneath can heal properly.

Spotting or bleeding after the vaginal cuff has healed can be a signal of granulation tissue. The only way to know for sure if you have it is by pelvic exam. Granulation tissue is usually treated in a few moments in the doctor's office with no anesthetic. The doctor will use a cotton swab to administer silver nitrate onto the granulation tissue to remove it. Some women don't feel it at all, and some notice some discomfort. Here is an article on this:

Granulation Tissue & Silver Nitrate

I hope this helps!
Unread 04-14-2016, 07:49 PM

Thank you very much! That was helpful also!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register