Has anyone had bladder issues that eventually resolved? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had bladder issues that eventually resolved? Has anyone had bladder issues that eventually resolved?

Unread 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Has anyone had bladder issues that eventually resolved?

I am on day 8 post op from Robotic assisted LAH and I kept the ovaries. i have a bladder infection and am on day three of antibiotics and the pressure and bladder pain is terrible. I have interstitial cystitis so I know it feels worse because of this. The combination of pain meds and anitbiotics make me feel lousy. I hope and pray this surgery was worth it. I am so depressed about feeling so lousy, cannot sleep do to getting up to pee about 8 times a night. It's got to get better. I would feel really good if it werent for the bladder pain. Just wondering if anyone else has had bladder issues that eventually resolved, I need some encouragement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2009, 01:29 PM

My bladder was very unhappy for a few weeks after the surgery. I thought it would never be right again & I didn't even have an infection. Now it is fine. I used the over the counter urinary pain pills for a little while & day by day it did just get better. Your bladder most likely got pulled to the side for the surgery & just in shock. Feel better! The first 2 weeks were hard for me but it did get better.
Unread 03-21-2009, 12:27 AM

I have had a long history of bladder problems including IC so I understand your pain !! My bladder went numb at first after hyster and then I had to urinate countless times all day and night for about 5 weeks (doesnt mean it will last that long for you). As time went on it got better and it's normal now and has been for awhile.

Im sure you will get better in time!! It just takes the bladder some time to adjust from being moved and aggravated. Im so sorry you are in so much pain, I hate that pain worse than anything!!!

My dr prescribed detrol to control the spasms and frequency of urinating so it wasnt so painful post op. That might help you.

Hope you feel better soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2009, 07:17 AM

I believe there is hope I also had the robot assisted lap and have had bladder problems off and on. Thought I had a uti at one point and it came back negative so I never did even though it felt like I did. Sometimes I experience discomfort for a couple of days when I go and then it gets better off and on. I try to drink a lot of water , makes you pee more but seems to help clear it all out and function better. I also had to take the antibiotics and didn't have an infection they found out and felt yucky from all that. It will get better. This is a major surgery even with the robot, everything still happens the same on the inside just smaller incisions, but still a lot going on in there.
Unread 03-23-2009, 06:45 PM

I had awful bladder pain and spasms post of, it lasted for about 2 weeks, then gradually subsided, now I am happy to say it feels 100% better. I also suffer from IC, with us the bladder really can be quite irritated after surgery. I hope you feel better very soon, hang in there!
Unread 03-24-2009, 06:31 AM

I had no infections - I took a cranberry supplement for a couple of weeks after surgery that may have helped with that. I had some mild spasms and a lot of discomfort in the first few weeks and continuing discomfort for months afterward. I'm at about 6 months now. I realized the other day that my bladder issues seem to finally be resolved within the past few weeks.

Hang in there!
Unread 03-25-2009, 10:41 AM

CSoren,
While this wasn't my original post I have to thank you personally for chiming in on this one. I see your surgery was about a month before mine. My bladder is still acting up. Very depressing and I can't return to work like this. Thanks for the hope.
Unread 03-25-2009, 10:58 AM

My LAVH and Monarch Sling was on January 12, 2009. Should I still be able to feel the vaginal wall bulge a little bit anteriorly? Doc said to not let bladder get full at all and I've done that recently. I limit coffee too. Thanks.
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Re: Has anyone had bladder issues that eventually resolved?

My bladder is still not normal or my bowels. My surgery was in November. Went to a different urologist, who is a uro/gyno out of town, and he found something the other urologist didn't. I had something that is very rare after catheterization, (I had alot of problems with the cath in the hospital) but I had what was like a pimple inflammed inside my urethera, which had the whole urethra inflammed. He said that may has been causing some of the sensation of feeling like I had to go all the time. He also stretched the urethra. Not really very comfortable. It seems to have helped somewhat. They sometimes need to do it 2 or 3 times. I know what it feels like to have bladder issues that are not resolved. I too just want to feel normal again. I have been avoiding alot of social situations because I just do not feel well, and I was a very social person before. Loved to be out and about. Have to go to a Gastro doctor this month for the other problem, and I have terrible constipation and stomach, adominal cramping and bloating, that may also be pushing on the bladder. Hope everyone finds their answer soon. I guess you have to keep searching. Just seems like it takes forever for someone to figure it out!!!
Unread 03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Re: Has anyone had bladder issues that eventually resolved?

Well I am 2 weeks post op and have good days and bad with my bladder issues. My IC is really flaring, I have a lot of urgency and frequency, I am taking Vesicare but it is not helping. I go to Gyno for post-op tomorrow. If on my feet for to long I have a lot of vaginal pressure and discomfort. I just want to feel like me again. Please keep me in your prayers! It has to get better..

Robotic Hysterectomy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register