Wedding 11 days after TAH??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wedding 11 days after TAH??? Wedding 11 days after TAH???

Unread 07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Wedding 11 days after TAH???

No Way. I could not even sit for couple of weeks. Its not worth hurting yoourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Wedding...

Unless this is an immediate close family member, I wouldn't even think of going.

Not that I had a hard time recuperating, it's just that 11 days out, I know I was still napping several times a day; still on the pain meds; and just wiped out after a ride in the car for a short time.

In fact, 5 weeks later I attended a funeral and had to go right to bed after the luncheon; I was just exhausted.

But that was just my experience and you'll have to use your own best judgement.

I might add that I'm 6 months post-op and life is wonderful in every aspect! It was soooo worth it!

Best of luck!
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:13 AM
Not that quick, sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles1
I am supposed to be going to a wedding 11 days after my TAH. Will I be up for any part of it? I am debating about whether I will or won't be able to go. Should I go shopping for something to wear? If yes, any suggestions so that I am comfortable?

Really...11 days too soon..I had surgery on 7/12...I told myself I will help myself recover faster by trying to walk around sooner than I could. Indeed, getting up and making some small steps around the house was not a problem but when you push yourself more than your body could handle is not a good idea.

I was so brave to start shopping for fruits I was craving for on the 9th day after surgery. I had SAH and DR removed tons of adhesions and one ovary and I was probably still in denial as to how major this surgery was considering I had 3 C-sections. DUH!.. My body just couldn't handle the pressure.

So my best advice to you my dear....take it slow and easy and enjoy this downtime for yourself. They will surely understand you not showing up for the wedding.

All my sincere thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy and smooth recovery. God Bless!

Unread 07-31-2007, 04:12 AM

I participated in a wedding a week after the biopsy, and by cleanup time I was walking with a cane.

And that was just the biopsy/hysteroscopy.

Sorry, I'd vote no.
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:44 AM

I am 14 days today post-op for a TAH....still lounging in PJs and get wiped out from having daily shower. I had asked the sisters pre-op about going for a 4-5 hour car ride toinght to get my ds from the airport (he's just turned 18 and has been in New Zealand for a month, ugh! big summer vacaton) They all told me the same stuff as you are getting now and I totally understand where they were all comming from now that I am here. I thought at 2 weeks post-op I would be feeling pretty good. There are definately good days and bad days. Like one step forward and two back. So if I were you I wouldn't even consider it. It truley sucks not being able to attend something important. I'm sure they will understand. Take Care
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:29 AM

I think it's way too soon!!!! Get someone to video tape it and then come show it to you in your bed - where you should be!
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uterusfreeat41
I think it's way too soon!!!! Get someone to video tape it and then come show it to you in your bed - where you should be!
THATS A GREAT IDEA!!!! YES YES DO THAT!!! GOOD ONE UTERUSFREEAT41!!!
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Thank you all for the feedback. Part of me knew that it would be too soon, but I wanted to hear it from other people who have been through this experience. The thought of missing all of the excitement is really upsetting, but I guess that is what needs to be done. Thank you again. Good luck to everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register