Scheduled TAH TAH / Jan 2010 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH / Jan 2010 TAH / Jan 2010

Unread 10-07-2009, 11:22 PM
TAH / Jan 2010

So after a consult with a very easy to talk to Gyno I am feeling okay about my decision. After being told by 3 different Gyno's over the past 11 yrs that I need to have this done I can honestly say I agree with them.

It was nice to meet a doctor who was a little hesitant... Only because I have no children and I am only 39. I explained this wasn't a decision I made yesterday. Previous doctors have told me this is my best chance at pain relief and getting my life back. After suffering from Endometriosis for 11 yrs... I ahve Tried it all. 4 surgeries... 2 rounds of Depot lupron... back to back Birth Control for months... Nothing but Narcotic pain killers seem to help and I don't like the way those make me feel. They ruin my quality of life as well... the brain fog is horrible.

He is going to preserve both of my ovaries if possible... as endo has been found on at lleast one... Take the uterus and Cervix... if he can safely remove it. Cauterize any endo he finds. I get a very good feeling about this. I know a part of me will mourn the loss of this ability to have a child. But with the way my body is and the pain I have I wouldn't want to bring a child into the life I have right now. Being an Auntie will have to do... or being a Birdie Mom... I have parrots, which is just like having kids that never grow up. I would like to be able to go through the rest of my life... after this surgery and never have to have surgery again.

So... he wanted to book me before Xmas. I requested to do this the first week of 2010. I can't think of a better time to start a new painfree future life... besides, working for an airline, they would kill me if I took 10 weeks off at Xmas time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Re: TAH / Jan 2010

Wow, what a great possitive attitude you have! That will help you greatly. I am glad that you are at ease with your decision, it is a hard one but when you know that it is the right one it makes things easier. I am 8 days post op and feeling so much better then I thought I would. I have had pain for so long and 3 surgeries to avoid the hysterectomy, I look back now and wonder why I waited this long and why I have spent the past 6 years feeling like this when I could have felt better then. I know I waited because I needed to know I did all I could before taking this step and it did help me feel at ease with what had to happen.

Good luck to you and I agree, what a great way to start a new year, with the prospect of being pain free again!
Unread 10-08-2009, 07:14 AM

That's a great attitude!!! I a going in January as well, I wanted to get through the holidays first! I'm wishing you luck and a painfree future!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2009, 07:15 AM

Great way to look at your issues. Stay strong and focus. It will be here before you know it. You will be living your dream of a pain free life.
Unread 10-08-2009, 08:44 AM

Thanks for your support. I have always had a positive... I am not going to let this destroy my life attitude. it has had some control... but I know I have tried it all, and my doctor was pretty convinced as well. He was surprised I had waited this long in light of all my pain and issues... but understands that I wanted to wait until the kid thing was also something I had made peace with. All my friends are having their last child at my age, not starting their family. 2 yrs ago I wasn't sure, but the cycle just continues and I don't want another 15 years of this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register