Hi Ladies I Am Back. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi Ladies I Am Back. Hi Ladies I Am Back.

Unread 04-22-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi Ladies I Am Back.

I dont know if any of you remember me or not. I was the one who was having all he heavy bleeding and going thru the birth control method of controlling it. My doctor put me on the pill for the last two months and I have had nothing but heavy bleeding with no sucess with the pill.

Monday I went in for my progress checked and she found out that I was not over stating how wore out I was feeling with the blood loss. My count was at 6.5. Now she get worried. She has put me complete rest (no working until further notice) for two weeks trying to get my count up so she can set my surgery for next month. Sitting at home is already driving me nuts. I dont know what to really expect with this surgery. Should I be doing something now or does all follow after the surgery.

My thoughts are all over the place. I am worried. I keep thinking of the bad that could happen. Can anyone tell me what to expect or what I should be doing right now. It seems to me she is moving really fast with me. She gave me the birth control shot to stop the bleeding and now has me on transicon to build my blood up quickly. I have read alot of your stories. I never read where the doctor put you on bed rest before the surgery. Is that normal and to stop you from working. Well anyway i go back on the 5th to get my count check and them from there she sets a date for me. Is there anyone out there that can offer a word of advice I would appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Hi Ladies I Am Back.

HI there. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

I am scheduled for a TLAVH/BSO in May. And I had to call the Dr today for my pain, they are putting me on pain meds and told me bed rest until my surgery. So as far being put on bed rest, I have. It was not due to bleeding, but for the pain and pressure.

As for what to expect. well I am at alost there as I have no idea either and I am very anxious and nervous about this as well.
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi Ladies I Am Back.

I was found to be severely anemic about a year and half ago. I was told NOT to do any exercise because I could have passed out. Over exerting was not allowed. I was allowed to go to work. I have a job where I sit in front of a computer all day. Is your job very active or physical?

I was put on birth control pills and told to take 3 iron tabs a day. That formula worked for a year (I cut down on the iron tabs after my iron level raised), but I developed high blood pressure and had to go off the bcp. Well, that's another story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi Ladies I Am Back.

Hello -
I am really new to this group, but I wanted to reply to you anyway. I too, have had heavy bleeding. I have been this way for a very long time, since I was in my early 20's (im now 29). I go in spurts though - bleeding heavy for 2 months, then it stopping for a week only to restart again.
In July of this past year I was bleeding very heavy and again needed my blood count checked. I was at a 7 then. Then, ended up in the hospital due to being dizzy all the time - my count was then at a 5. They gave me a blood transfusion to get it up and I was in the hospital for 6 days.
I have also been on the pill (didnt work), progesterone, estrogen and the birth control patch. The patch made it worse. I also take Iron pills now, which seem to help with my blood count anyway.
I am in the process of discussing a hyster with my doctor, who suggested it a couple months ago. I can't give you any advice on teh surgery. I can, however, stress to you that if you are getting dizzy, tired all the time, etc., it may be a good idea to go to the hospital.
Wishing you well..

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register