LSH Date--Getting Scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH Date--Getting Scared! LSH Date--Getting Scared!

Unread 04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
LSH Date--Getting Scared!

I just received a phone call from my GYN. It seems he has an opening on April 22nd that he can do my LSH. I'm also having both ovaries removed.
I have been so eager to get this done as my periods are truly life disrupting--I can't leave the house for 4 days.
But now that there has been a date set, reality is setting in. I must admit...I'm suddenly getting very apprehensive! However I know that, now that I have found you I will be able to find someone to talk to when it starts getting the best of me. I can't talk to my mom; she died at 55yo and had not entered into menopause yet. My older sis is out, too. She's 56, and is still showing no signs of it. When I called to get some family history, she was telling me she'd never even had a hot flash (which I have been having for years), so there is no real understanding there.
Anyway, I'll quit yammering on. It's just a bit of nerves and a bit of scared!

Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Re: LSH Date--Getting Scared!

Welcome Robin, you've come to the right place!!

I had a TVH on 2/9/09 and I'm already glad I did. My doctor and I discussed it and we decided I should keep my ovaries, so I don't know much about menopause.

Good Luck to you and (you'll hear this a bunch, but it's true), the waiting is the worst part.
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:06 AM

Do you have to have your ovaries removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2009, 07:14 AM

I wouldn't let them take anything that's still healthy out of my body. Your ovaries do alot for you so I wanted to keep them as long as possible. I'm only 39 and I believe I'm still going to be using mine for a long time. If there is no reason for your doctor to take them out, then please do some research and decide if that's what you want to do. The doctor did take my cervix, but a) I'd had pre-cervical cancer in the past and b) if you leave the cervix, you'll have mini periods. After going through a hysterectomy, I certainly don't want to still have any periods, mini or otherwise.
Unread 04-07-2009, 08:29 AM

I'm having my overies removed due to years of PCOS. They are very enlarged due to all the cysts and cause a lot of pain. As I'm 53, the doc and I decided that removing them would be in my best interest to stop the pain and because I'm due for menopause anyway!

Robin
Unread 04-20-2009, 11:28 AM

I'm having the same thing Robin and I'm almost 57. My right ovary has a complex cyst on it so it was going to have to come out and the doc said that it can happen that the cysts will then appear on the left ovary and I'll have to have constant monitoring. At my age, my ovaries are "done" anyway even though I kept having "periods". I also have a large fibroid in my uterus that has swelled it to the size of a 4 month pregnancy. As I'm fairly slim, I never really noticed the swelling, thought it was just a bit of a tummy. Anyway, I'll be thinking of you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register