December will be here soon... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

December will be here soon... December will be here soon...

Unread 11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
December will be here soon...

I am 40 year old, have adenomyosis, enlarged uterus, prolapse and cystocele. My surgery (laparoscopic) has been scheduled for Dec 5th. I would appreciate if some of you who had the surgery ( I am keeping the ovaries) would tell me their experience.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2006, 10:07 PM

Hello!

What kind of surgery are you having? I didn't have adeno and may not have had the same type of surgery that you will, and the experience is different for us all. Mine went like a dream, though I was terrified. I did not have any pain, and my recovery was pretty uneventful. I do not have my ovaries and was fortunate enough not to have trouble with surtgical menopause, either. Hopefully someone will come along and be more helpful than I've been, but I do want to wish you the best and hope for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. The most helpful thing for me was to talk to others who went through the surgery before me, and to ask questions. Nothing is too silly.

Debbie
Unread 11-11-2006, 10:11 AM

Best wishes for you on your surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2006, 12:47 PM

Thanks,

I have just started my period. I am hoping it is going to be the last one before surgery. I hate the thought going into surgery bleeding the way I do...But with it I never know. I was never able to plan anything with it anyways...
I am hoping for better after this, although I am very scared. I had an aneurysm bleed a year and half ago while having increased (for the last 6 years) problems with my period, uterus, stomach pains etc. You all know the story. In fact 3 days before my head bleed I was in emergency having terrible stomach pain for days. My problems were even worse, or maybe I felt them that way after the brain surgery. My iron was so low that I had muscle cramps and bond ache that is much better now since I take iron on daily basis. I did a diagnostic laparoscopic surgery last December and hysterectomy was suggested . I have almost 2nd degree of uterine prolapse, enlarged uterus to the size of 12 week of pregnancy as a result of adenomyosis, my bladder should be repaired too. Doctor said he will remove my cervix too, but I will keep the ovaries.
Unread 11-12-2006, 02:48 PM

Heliona-
I am 3 1/2 weeks post op from my lap hysterectomy with repairs. I am finally starting to have more good days than bad! I also kept my ovaries but have had some episodes of hot flashes and insomnia, which I've learned (from this great site) is normal. My advice to you is rest,rest,rest. Your external stitches will heal before your internal ones do- just make sure you don't do anything you're not supposed, especially lifting- I am still on a 2 lb. weight restriction. As other wise sisters have said "You only have one chance to heal"
Good luck to you-if you have any questions- ask away!
Unread 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM

We just moved and we are trying to make sure everything is in place before the surgery. I keep on telling my DH and my two daughters (13 and 11) that I will not be able to do the stuff around the house. My DH travels a lot but we made a deal that he will be off the road for at least 4 weeks. I don't know what the house will look like, but I intend to keep my only chance to heal! I am worried about my sex life after everything goes fine with the rest of course . I hear good stories and bad stories. I have met at work somebody who has gone trough the same and she says her sex life was much better once she did it, she was pain free and everything felt tighter . Well too much on my mind I guess. Sometimes when I think of the surgery I just start to hyperventilate how scared I am. Haven’t told bosses at work, will do it next Friday…
Unread 11-12-2006, 05:06 PM

Try not to worry. I know that sounds crazy. Im 6 days post op from a TAH with vertical stiches. It wasnt that bad. The first two days after were painful. I didnt need the morphine as much as the doctors thought I needed it. Now Im not taking any pain meds. Everyone is different. Right now Im still taking it slow because i dont want to over do it. I feel good and that might get me in trouble. Youll get through this just like other sisters have. Have your support system in place, do everything like cleaning before your date or just be prepaired to let it go. When your time comes REST ALot!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register