Does anyone know if this is possible..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone know if this is possible..... Does anyone know if this is possible.....

Unread 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know if this is possible.....

I had a TVH on Dec 18th...3 weeks post op today. I got a nasty case of bronchitis 2 days post op...and have had a nasty cough this whole time. Still have it, although not as bad. Anyway...I am borderline hypochondriac as it is, lol (always think I have something wrong) and my DH made a comment last week that if I keep coughing like that I am going to turn inside out. He was kidding...but then theres me...I start thinking that this is possible, and of course start looking it up online. Does anyone know if this would be a possiblity? To get vaginal prolapse from constant coughing right after surgery. Geez...I have almost made myself think that I am feeling things down there I shouldnt be...and that is what is actually happening. I know, I know...I am a weirdo...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2007, 02:25 PM

Oh the things we think of to drive ourselves crazy!
Have you had any bleeding or excessive pain? When is your post-op appt. with your dr -- you should mention it then.
Unread 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM

I know, I know...its crazy. No bleeding/spotting at all, and no pain. My appointment isnt until 6 weeks po, and I will d*****atly talk to him about it then, if I dont go nutz before then. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Maybe you should try some cough syrup..or go see your GP.
Unread 01-08-2007, 03:38 PM

uh yeah, did that 2 weeks ago...like I said before the cough isnt as bad...its going away.
Unread 01-08-2007, 08:49 PM

I started getting a cough a couple weeks after surger and it has progressively gotten worse. I did not think of the prolapse but I keep checking to make sure my incision is holding up. I have taken some cold medicine but today I finally went to the pharmacy and bought the stuff you have to show your id for. I am hoping it helps! I felt great on day 14 and now I have a sore belly from all of the coughing. I must have been stiched pretty well because I still have not had any bleeding since day two. Overall the future looks great! I must be right on track with week 3-4 recovery. Good days, bad days....it is just disapointing when you take the step backwards.
Unread 01-08-2007, 11:38 PM

Hi sweettart!

I often worry about worse-case-scenario and it drives dh nuts!

May I suggest making a quick call to your doc? He or she can let you know if you might benefit from something to help clear the cough more quickly, and you can also ask if the coughing might be doing harm. I know that a lot of docs would rather have you ask "silly" questions (there are no silly questions in my book!) than have you worry about it.

Best wishes for a quick recovery! We're here whenever you need us.
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:54 AM

Yes, do check with your doc and get some cough suppressant if he agrees. It is not being a hypochondriac, it is being sensible.
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:47 AM

I have been sick with laryngitis and a bad cough for about a week. I had my final post-op on Friday and I asked the doctor because the coughing was causing soreness in my pelvic area. He didn't seem concerned, only said that yes, coughing does strain the muscles. I also asked about prolapse, but he said all of my pelvic structures, vagina and ligaments are so tight and strong that there was no possibility of prolapse. I guess keeping in shape and doing kegels for years helped that out!

So, you might want to ask your doctor because every case is different. I hope you are on the mend. This cold has been hanging around me for almost 2 weeks and I am only just starting to feel better.

Kitten
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:42 PM

I was fighting a viral bronchitis a few weeks ago, and was really sore down there from all the coughing. I read somewhere that before you cough you should to try to tighten up like you are doing a kegel exercise so you don't stress the pelvic floor as much . I tried to do that but just doing the kegels is difficult enough without trying to hold them through a coughing fit! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register