Trying to move around | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to move around Trying to move around

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Trying to move around

I had my surgery 6/29. My uterus was too high so my gyn had to go through the abdomen. So far, getting up is painful. The bad part is I am so emotional. I am glad to have Hystersisters. I have found a wealth of information on this site. I am a teacher and I am afraid of what to expect in 6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Re: Trying to move around

Glad you're spending time here on HysterSisters. Everyone here has been a real encouragement to me. In my experience, it's best not to project too far ahead. Rest, listen to your body and your doctor, and give yourself time to heal. Six weeks out was a whole new world for me, especially compared to one or two weeks post-op. I'm at almost 8 weeks now and my energy has multiplied in the last two weeks.

Blessings,
Aloha
Unread 07-04-2010, 08:46 PM

I had a TAH/BSO on June 1, and yes, getting up for the first week is tough. Try to use your arms as much as possible to push yourself out of a chair. If you are trying to get out of bed, roll to your side and push up with your arms. My first week I slept halfway propped up in my bed just to make it easier to get up. I promise you that it does get better. I am almost 5 weeks postop, and I am now getting up from chairs and the bed with no pain at all. Good luck to you on your road to recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2010, 09:03 PM

getting up is hard the first week! I had my surgery abdominal cut, on june 23, 10 days post op is a huge difference! I actually would not get up by myself the first week unless i absolutely had too. I had other help pull me up, it just worked better. Now I am able to get up and around pretty easily, as long as I take it slow and easy. Hang in there, it gets better!
Unread 07-05-2010, 08:22 AM

I will be at one week tomorrow. Last night I woke up and felt nauseas and so hot. I knew or had been warned of these symptoms, but experiencing them is totally different. They are depressing as heck. I am looking forward to my 6 week mark. Thanks for your words of encouragement.
Unread 07-05-2010, 08:25 AM

My husband has been here with me this first week. My children have been with grandparents and will return to me tomorrow. I hope I can take care of them. They are ages 8, 10, and 11, so I know they do a lot themselves. They are just used to having mommy at their fingertips.
Unread 07-05-2010, 08:27 AM

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am looking forward to that 5 week mark.
Unread 07-05-2010, 08:49 AM

Week 4 has shown a huge turnaround for me...I am on a slow and steady path to recovery but since the 4 week point last Thursday, I've been like a new person!

I have heard that week 6 is a bigger turning point...but even with that, I am asking my doctor to release me for work at week 8. I just want to do this right and I need all that time...I think.

Some people heal faster than others but for me, I still needed help with my 6 and almost 8 year olds for week two. Actually could have used help week three but we all survived. My kids have been wonderful and have truly surprised me with how much they are doing and willing to do!

All the best!
Unread 07-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Trying to move around

I'm so sorry.

You are exactly right about the difference between knowing something is a "to-be-expected" part of the recovery process and then the reality of experiencing it ourselves. Each thing can be so overwhelming emotionally and even the little things add up, but there is help and there is hope.

Emotions are part of the reality, but don't let them define your reality or project them into the future. God has designed your body with remarkable capacities to heal, and your emotions are part of the healing (even if they are being manipulated by hormones or lack of them). We need to recover emotionally and mentally, as well as physically, it all works together.

Praying for rest and peace to carry you through today. Are you posting on your surgery week's recovery thread? That will be a good place to connect with others, and don't forget to go to the post-op chats when you can.

Healing hugs,
Aloha
Unread 07-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Thank you for kind and encouraging words!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register