What did you wear home from hosp? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What did you wear home from hosp? What did you wear home from hosp?

Unread 10-31-2012, 08:33 AM
What did you wear home from hosp?

I'm trying to debate should I wear a loose fitting dress or something..any suggestions?
I know I'm prob not gonna want anything pressing against my vertical incision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Re: What did you wear home from hosp?

I was told to arrive at the hospital in the clothes I would go home in. I felt the best thing to wear was a comfy loose dress. That was perfect. My doctor suggested low pants but even those for my Davinci incisions would not have worked. I am only just getting a little more comfortable wearing my pants fully pulled up and not having to wear loose sweat type pants low on my stomach. I hope this helps.
Unread 10-31-2012, 08:56 AM

The real question is what are you usually comfortable wearing?

I rarely wear dresses and am more comfortable in pants. After I lost some weight, I held onto my larger pants/shorts due to this surgery. So I wore a pair of pants with an elastic waist that was about one size too big. I also had a long vertical incision and these pants were no problem. Just think loose/no belt and wear what you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2012, 08:57 AM

Same thing I arrived in - workout pants, t-shirt, flip flops.

I had a vertical incision, however, for the first week I had gauze pads over the top of it (I changed it daily per doctor's orders). It really did not matter that I was wearing pants especially since the waist was not tight.

Either option works, though. I didn't wear dresses during recovery - I usually wore the workout pants, I had a too-large stretchy skirt I wore a couple times when I needed to be dressier.
Unread 10-31-2012, 09:03 AM

Well, I don't have any loose fitting pants tho..esp in waist area....
So, I have to buy something loose... thx ladies
Unread 10-31-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccafries View Post
Well, I don't have any loose fitting pants tho..esp in waist area....
So, I have to buy something loose... thx ladies
That's not the type of thing I have in my wardrobe either. So I hit Goodwill and was able to find quite a few items for almost nothing.
Unread 10-31-2012, 09:29 AM

I wore loose fitting cotton stretch pants , hospital undies, t shirt and flip flops lol
Unread 10-31-2012, 09:40 AM

I wore yoga pants, t-shirt & flip flops. The yoga pants were very comfortable and just gave enough support to my tummy- I had an hour ride home too. Since I've been home, loose fitting pj bottoms and a t-shirt. I stocked up and have enough to be able to change in to fresh ones daily for 4-5 days before I have to do laundry. Staying in my jammies during the day reminds everyone that I'm recovering.
Unread 10-31-2012, 09:45 AM

I have my yoga pants as my planned outfit.....but told hubby that I will take his sweatpants just in cause I plan to leave in my sweats and PJ pants for the first 2 weeks....then maybe through a maxi skirt (rather loose) on for Thanksgiving. I will wash all my jeans the day before so that they are put away and ready when I do get that far. My mil thinks I will be in those sooner than expected.....but we will see They are not tight but they bunch at my waist. with it being winter I plan to have socks and tennis shoes....even if hubby or nurse has to tie them. I would rather have warm feet than cold feet.....plus all my slip ons are either heels (NOT HAPPENING) or open toed.
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:54 AM

What I went in, t shirt, flip flops, & yoga pants. I went to tj maxx the week before & bought myself a couple pair of them...I lived in those & pj bottoms really until last week. Although, within a week I could wear my jeans, they were not comfy! Starting my fifth week & now starting to wear my jeans again! Yay! My tummy is flatter now, woo Hoo!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register