Here we go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Here we go

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 14th of this month. Any words of wisdom? I have an incredible peace about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 04:01 PM
Here we go

I had surgery 4.5 weeks ago and feel so much better than before it was done! It has been so worth it!

Let's see, recommendations...you'll never feel that everything is done at home beforehand. The place will be a mess by the time you can do anything about it anyway. It's OK. Take care of yourself afterward, you will be tired long after the discomfort itself is gone. Don't do too much too soon, the price is too high. (I went to the market, just to make selections, not to lift or push on day 7...bad decision. Spent the whole next day in bed feeling miserable!) I took a robe, slippers and nightie to the hospital but came home the day after surgey having only taken a toothbrush and hairbrush out of the bag! You won't need much while there. Get lots of "light" books to read after, you won't be able to follow a complex story for a couple of weeks. Books on tape or CD are good too, except one tends to drift off and lose the place! Put everything (drugs, book, glasses, lip gloss, tissues, portable phone) in a small basket that you can move from place to place with you. Be sure to have an ice bag and a heating pad. Ice is good to reduce swelling in the beginning, heat to help later.

Good luck! You're going to feel so much better!
Unread 10-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Here we go

I go in on the 15th and am like you nervous as heck .. and feel like i am soooooo lost .. i need to do this and i need to do that .. but lately i just dont feel like doing a thing .. thats terrible i know but oh well .. guess it will get done by family or wont get done .. dont worry .. hopefully your family too will step up to the plate and help out. I have 3 birthdays coming up for 3 14 year olds and geeze I hope I get around to buying gifts or I will be disowned. Hopefully DB will help or they will just have to forgive me this once. I hate this hurry up and wait .. would be so nice to just have it said and done all at once. lol
you guys are great comfort ! thanks for all of your help and support .. i will be thinking bout you and hope everything works out for the best!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register