Back From The Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back From The Castle Back From The Castle

Unread 12-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Back From The Castle

Hi All,
Just got home tonight from the castle and I feel wonderful compared to what I thought I would feel like! My DH kept the house in pretty good condition but not helping me with the smoking at all Go on Wed to get staples removed, site looks good, no redness..even a few loose staples already-LOL. I find myself being a "little" snippy with my DH but so far feeling good. Just resting, drinking alot of water, & very protective of my incision site. Thank You all for your words of encouragment, prayers, & wisdom.

's
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Back From The Castle

Great to hear the good news!!! Sorry about the smoking...that has got to be hard!!! Big Hugs!!
Be a good Princess and take it easy!!!
Unread 12-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Back From The Castle

Welcome back !!
Im happy to hear things went well. Get lots of rest and eat up all the pampering !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Back From The Castle

Lori:
I too had my visit to the castle on December 9, came home yesterday, and feel better already than pre-op! No backache, which I had for years before, YAY!
I have incisional pain, but a couple of extra strength Tylenol is taking care of that satisfactorily. DH is being a peach, very protective and helpful.
My only complaint is no BM (sorry to speak of such an "icky" topic) yet. Almost had success, but would have had to bear down harder than I felt comfortable with...anyone else with this issue? I'm taking stool softeners, and eating whole grains, etc. and drinking plenty of water. Not uncomfortable yet, but don't want to be, either...

--Dodi
Unread 12-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Back From The Castle

Lublabs,

Constipation seems to be the worst comlication that I had after surgery. (If you want to call it a comlication).

I am 5 weeks out today, and I STILL have to take a stool softener twice a day and sometimes some milk of magnesia. That seems to do the trick, but if for some reason I forget to take it, then I am all bound up again. Happened this morning, so I am feeling your discomfort! UGH!

Sometimes the pain medication will make this worse.

I found that if I am just diligent about taking the stool softeners I am ok.

Welcome home from the Castle! Remember to be a good
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Back From The Castle

Thanks, PJL, for your kind words and support!
I know the narcotics (Percocet, etc) can be constipating, and I am using Tylenol only now, which seems to be working fine. So hopefully things will get moving, with the help of the stool softeners. Never thought I be looking forward to this "event" with such great anticipation!
Dodi
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:29 AM
Back From The Castle

I'm having the same problem, no bm since the 7th . I have tried warm Prune Juice..YUK, milk of magnesia, stool softner, and not even close :cry: . All in all I feel pretty darn good in comparison to b-4 surgery. I haven't been able to give up the percacet, in addition Dr told me to take advil 3 x per day to reduce swelling. Just resting, drinking lots of water, walking around the house, like a good princess should. Good luck and God Bless

's
Lori
Unread 12-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Back From The Castle

Luvlabs,

Oh, the things that we get excited about being post op! LOL!!! Just wonderful right?

My poor DH is probably very tired of my "potty talk" by now. So glad I have you all to talk about it with.

Can certainly be an uncomfortable thing!
Unread 12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Back From The Castle

Welcome home

Sorry 'bout the bm problem.

For me, taking four stool softeners the first few nights....some hot coffee the next morning, and walking around just a little was what hit the jackpot for me.

I'm now down to three softeners each night as I add more veggies to the diet. Good luck!

There was another princess that just returned from the hospital a few days ago.......she was so bound up she ended up busting stitches from being so constipated and straining so much.

I'll try to find the post and bump it up. Not to scare anyone, but man this is REALLY important stuff here!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register