rate your pain! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rate your pain! rate your pain!

Unread 06-10-2007, 01:34 PM
rate your pain!

Every time I go to the dr he want me to rate my pain. For the last 8 years he has done 5 surgeries on me. I have scar tissue and endo my utris is tilted and my bladder leaks. Finally he is going to do a hsyt. before he said I was to young. I am 33 and I have been in pain since I was in teens with this. I try to tell him how bad it is and he doesnt seem to understand. Has anyone else had this problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 01:47 PM
rate your pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarnes3
Every time I go to the dr he want me to rate my pain. For the last 8 years he has done 5 surgeries on me. I have scar tissue and endo my utris is tilted and my bladder leaks. Finally he is going to do a hsyt. before he said I was to young. I am 33 and I have been in pain since I was in teens with this. I try to tell him how bad it is and he doesnt seem to understand. Has anyone else had this problem

Yup. I have had 4 abdominal surgeries (one of which was a liver transplant). I also have a huge amount of scar tissue, edo, etc. I don't however have the bladder problems. But I do have the pain. After 2 laproscopic's and several years of pain my doctor recommended to me (2 yrs ago at your age) that my only option would be a hyst. I put it off thinking I would get better and haven't.
Just explain to your doctor like I did that this is YOUR body and you know it better than anyone else. And this is YOUR decision. My decision was to live without pain. Although the doctor did explain to me that its possible for the endo to come back as well as the adhesions (scar tissue) and I told her that I was willing to take my chances.
Hope that helps.
Unread 06-10-2007, 01:48 PM
rate your pain!

I love my doc, trust him completely, BUT he still thinks I over-rate my pain... I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am so used to it, that it doesn't show on my face anymore... the pain that is. My DH is very aware and can tell even if it doesn't show, but that's only because he sees me on a daily basis. Our docs don't.

At least you are finally getting to the end of the road with it... we are the same age and I know how bad it feels to be dealing with this stuff and I've only had the major issues for about a year... I can't even imagine dealing with it as long as some of the sisters have (including yourself!).

Just remember, you'll feel better soon s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
rate your pain!

Thanks. He makes me feel like I am over rating it but its real and it hurts. It affects everything I do. At least I know I am not the only one who feels this way.
Unread 06-10-2007, 03:23 PM
rate your pain!

Quote:
Thanks. He makes me feel like I am over rating it but its real and it hurts. It affects everything I do. At least I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

Maybe its time for another opinion~I have a female doctor and SHE knows I hurt. Maybe thats an option?
Unread 06-10-2007, 04:38 PM
hapening to fast

I am scared yes I have had problems since i was a teenager I went to the er on Wednesday last week gyn on thursday ultra sound on Friday and now I have my hyst scedule. Did anyone else go this fast? I am ready but scared.
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:08 PM
rate your pain!

Quote:
I am scared yes I have had problems since i was a teenager I went to the er on Wednesday last week gyn on thursday ultra sound on Friday and now I have my hyst scedule. Did anyone else go this fast? I am ready but scared.

Yup I did with my partial hyst. I was in the ER July 5th 2004 and went thru the surgery the following day.

I WAS scheduled for May 17th for the TAH but the anti-rejection meds I was taking would of made it imposssible to heal I chose to wait. I had to be started on a different one for a month (May 8th) and then went back to GYN on June 4th.

My doc had me scheduled quickly until she spoke with my post transplant team. Now she is being very cautious.

Just hang in there and know that you have plenty of sisters here to help you thru this!
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:30 PM
rate your pain!

I would go see another doctor! There is a post around here somewhere -- it keeps getting bumbed up to the top about sisters going through a hyster in their 20s. If all of us can do it in our 20s ... you can do it in your 30s!!!!!!!!

I am miserable with the pain. Most of the time I am about a 3 on my good days. My bad days are a 8-9. Pain meds bring my bad days down to a 7-8. I would not want to have to keep going through pain like this just because my doc isn't ready to face the fact that this is effecting my life and needs to be dealt with on a more permanent basis.

Quote:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register