TAH 8 weeks post-hysterectomy: emotional wreck with insomnia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post-hysterectomy: emotional wreck with insomnia 8 weeks post-hysterectomy: emotional wreck with insomnia

Unread 08-10-2015, 03:31 AM
8 weeks post-hysterectomy: emotional wreck with insomnia

Hi ladies,

My surgery was June 16th. Since then I'm taking my time getting back into my normal routine. I went back to work after 6 weeks and I'm already working overtime (a state accountant...oh joy&#128530.

My normal stress relief is a good workout on free weights (and sex sometimes). Last week I saw my doctor to followup on the status of my internal incision (still not fully healed at 6 weeks appointment). He applied a silver nitrate to the incision bc of the granular tissue. He said it may take another weel to fully heal. This has brought my stress to a higher level.

Is it just my hormones being out of order or am I overreacting. I'm 34 and not used to the mood swings. I can go from being happy to fighting urges to cry for no reason. I was already taken the smallest dosage of Zoloft for my anxiety before surgery. At first I thought the procedure helped me relax but now its to the point where I can't sleep at night from worrying about overdoing things and damaging the internal incision. Right now all I do is work and try my best to relax n sleep if possible.

How do you handle the transition from recovering at home to getting back into everyday life?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2015, 04:22 AM
Re: 8 weeks post-hysterectomy: emotional wreck with insomnia

I'm 8 weeks post op and while my ovaries have finally woken up (I think) I have a good crying jag at least once a week still, usually for no particular reason. Once it starts I cannot stop. It stinks but at this point I think you just have to ride it out. Remember your body went through a lot recently and still has weeks of healing to go. And yes, I too still have insomnia but a Tylenol PM 1 hr before bed, then as ambien at bedtime has helped me get through most of the night. Hang In there! You aren't alone.
Unread 08-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Re: 8 weeks post-hysterectomy: emotional wreck with insomnia

I had huge problems with sleeping through after the surgery - and I was taking an ativan for sleep. Nothing helped and so I decided to just wait it out a bit.
I am also very hot and got a fan that is directly in front of my bed and cooled my house down.
Perhaps since you were taking zoloft it is good to talk to you doctor and make sure you are on the right dose?
I went from waking up 5 times or so a night to now once - and I am not on HRT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2015, 01:30 PM
8 weeks post-hysterectomy: emotional wreck with insomnia

A lack of not being on HRT is what causing u hot flashes and not being able to sleep. Same thing happen to me until I got on Bio-indectical hormone therapy now all is good with me. U may need to talk to your Doctor or see someone who specializes in hormone therapy
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam45 View Post
I had huge problems with sleeping through after the surgery - and I was taking an ativan for sleep. Nothing helped and so I decided to just wait it out a bit.
I am also very hot and got a fan that is directly in front of my bed and cooled my house down.
Perhaps since you were taking zoloft it is good to talk to you doctor and make sure you are on the right dose?
I went from waking up 5 times or so a night to now once - and I am not on HRT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register