Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017 - Page 44 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

Unread 09-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

We are all different and it seems like we are all in different places re: pain, healing. I guess the "listen to your body " mantra is still important. I have been going out more, with my husband driving, and it feels good to see something more than the inside of my livingroom! Looking forward to sleeping thru the night, no pain and better energy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2017, 12:52 PM

Hello ladies, still wondering when I will feel like I am not going to tear something or freak out every time I go to the bathroom. I was feeling positive earlier this week. I drove for the first time, which drained me, but I did it. Yesterday, I had to attend a parent teacher conference and my husband couldn't go. I sat almost 2 stressful hours in a school desk and was so tense. Then drove home. Plus I had walked the farthestI have yet earlier in the day. I was drained. And to make it all worse, I started spotting harder than ever. I have had a red-brown discharge since week 2. But this was worse and was in the toilet plus I had what felt like period cramps. I was so scared I couldn't eat dinner, all I could think about was that I was going to tear my cuff. I am so tired of feeling fragile! It is making me so sad and depressed. Family doesn't understand. Change is scary after this type of surgery, even though I am spotting and have been somewhat comfortable wit it, an increase scares me to death. Especially reading others post about hemorrhaging and tears. I have to be back at work in 19 days. I pray recovery speeds up next week or I have no idea how I will cope.
Unread 09-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hula View Post
Hello ladies, still wondering when I will feel like I am not going to tear something or freak out every time I go to the bathroom. I was feeling positive earlier this week. I drove for the first time, which drained me, but I did it. Yesterday, I had to attend a parent teacher conference and my husband couldn't go. I sat almost 2 stressful hours in a school desk and was so tense. Then drove home. Plus I had walked the farthestI have yet earlier in the day. I was drained. And to make it all worse, I started spotting harder than ever. I have had a red-brown discharge since week 2. But this was worse and was in the toilet plus I had what felt like period cramps. I was so scared I couldn't eat dinner, all I could think about was that I was going to tear my cuff. I am so tired of feeling fragile! It is making me so sad and depressed. Family doesn't understand. Change is scary after this type of surgery, even though I am spotting and have been somewhat comfortable wit it, an increase scares me to death. Especially reading others post about hemorrhaging and tears. I have to be back at work in 19 days. I pray recovery speeds up next week or I have no idea how I will cope.
Me to I feel that way, I'm still not driving letting everyone else drive for the same reason but doing everything else cooking cleaning no vacuuming. I have my days and I start feeling pain and I relax go back to my chair for some reason I'm feeling my suture is not dissolving I got a mirror and look because every time I walk it rubs.painful
Unread 09-23-2017, 03:34 PM

I had a abdominal partial hysterectomy on Sept 1. My healing is going well but now I'm dealing with my emotions with everything. I cried yesterday for 3 hours. I ruined a friendship by going off on my friend and apparently saying some hurtful things. I'm trying to think positive but right now I have so many regrets and questions...like why did this have to happen to me. Has anyone started being emotional yet?
Unread 09-23-2017, 03:49 PM

I am 4 weeks post up and doing better, all round. But belly very tender. Wearing belly binder helps me walk more: a mile today. Sleep has become a problem. Don't sleep thru the night. Wake at 2 or 3 and sometimes don't go back to sleep until 5. Can't imagine going back to work if this persists.
Unread 09-23-2017, 03:53 PM

I had my total hysterectomy abdominally on 8/30 for Fibroids, heavy bleeding and breakthrough bleeding. The fibroid was bigger than 2 baseballs so I am cut from my belly button down 1/2 way into my public area.

Recovery going well I think. I spotted for maybe 2 Days. But I still get very tired every afternoon and my muscles kill if I try to live a “normal” day.

I just read about many gaining weight and now im terrified of that.
Unread 09-23-2017, 03:55 PM

Being emotional is not unusual. Could be hormone changes or fatigue. Give yourself some talc and wait. As for ruining a friendship, give that time too. When you are more yourself perhaps things could be made better. Blessing.
Unread 09-23-2017, 04:01 PM

If you feel afraid, perhaps you should call your surgeon. Even if your anxiety is about not healing fast enough. There may be options for treatment or hours at work. Being emotional is not unusual, read these posts. Even that may be treatable. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 09-23-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyy2000 View Post
I had a abdominal partial hysterectomy on Sept 1. My healing is going well but now I'm dealing with my emotions with everything. I cried yesterday for 3 hours. I ruined a friendship by going off on my friend and apparently saying some hurtful things. I'm trying to think positive but right now I have so many regrets and questions...like why did this have to happen to me. Has anyone started being emotional yet?
I have been emotional since day 5. I cry everyday and often don't even have an explanation for what I'm crying about. I have tried estrogen pills...no help. Tried birth control it made me sick. I went back to work last wednesday...totally exhausting but felt like I needed something in life to feel normal. It's tough. I never imagined my emotions would be so bad. That on top of fatigue. I keep praying my one ovary will wake up and do its job soon!
Unread 09-23-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydawn77 View Post
I have been emotional since day 5. I cry everyday and often don't even have an explanation for what I'm crying about. I have tried estrogen pills...no help. Tried birth control it made me sick. I went back to work last wednesday...totally exhausting but felt like I needed something in life to feel normal. It's tough. I never imagined my emotions would be so bad. That on top of fatigue. I keep praying my one ovary will wake up and do its job soon!
Today was better. I reconnected with an old friend and went through two bottles of wine!! Me talking everything out to her was so therapeutic. Tomorrow I'm forcing myself to go to church hoping that will continue to lift my spirits. However if I feel the need to cry and be emotional I will. I have to understand that this part of the healing process as well. I think the emotional healing is harder than the physical healing. I return to my doctor on Wednesday and will let her know what's going on as well. I'm looking for all the emotional support I can get.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register