TAH Four more weeks at home | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four more weeks at home Four more weeks at home

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Four more weeks at home

I had my two week post op visit today and the doctor was pleased with my progress. She said I still had some swelling in my upper belly but that would decrease over the next few weeks. She wants me to stay off work for four more weeks eventhough I have a desk job that doesn't require any physical acitivity. She is concerned that the stress of being at work will hinder my healing. I have been bored the past two weeks I don't know how i'm going to handle hanging around for another four weeks. The only good thing is she said I could walk as much as I can take for exercise so I'm going to start a regular walking routine on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Re: Four more weeks at home

So glad your dr said you have made good progress! I know that it's boring being at home but I went back after 2 weeks and it about flattened me for the next week! Trust your dr. You had a more complicated surgery than me and a way bigger incision compared to my three 3/4" ones. And they all hurt like the dickens after a full day of work! You definately don't want to rush things, cause once you go back everyone assumes your 100% and that is definately not the case no matter what type of surgery you have. Good luck!
Unread 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the advice Jen and I hope you are doing better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2011, 12:31 AM

I had TAH on 25th of April. The time went by quickly for me. I could actually use another week...having a minor complication with my incision. I will return to work on Monday. Once your cleared to drive you can get out BUT make sure you take it easy.....don't over do it......and listen to the silent whispers from your body....it will actually let you know when you need to rest. When I would get out...I would stay away from the larger stores like Walmart. I would visit the smaller stores.....quicker to get out of the store and back to my car whenever I started to become very tired or weak. I would then sit in my car and rest for a while before driving home or to my next location. You can also get a lot of reading done and catch up on your favorite TV shows.

Happy healing!!!!@
Unread 06-03-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster2011rs View Post
I had my two week post op visit today and the doctor was pleased with my progress. She said I still had some swelling in my upper belly but that would decrease over the next few weeks. She wants me to stay off work for four more weeks eventhough I have a desk job that doesn't require any physical acitivity. She is concerned that the stress of being at work will hinder my healing. I have been bored the past two weeks I don't know how i'm going to handle hanging around for another four weeks. The only good thing is she said I could walk as much as I can take for exercise so I'm going to start a regular walking routine on Monday.
I was very glad 2 have the extra time because at week 3 I hit a wall could not do anything new and I read somewhere that is when ur body says WHAT HAPPEN 2 ME u r movin more some r takin otc meds instead of real drugs and we all r wanting to do more but our bodies need rest so thank ur doctor and take it easy u do not want a set back and only they know what they did 2 u and u don't want 2 hurt yourself. We only get one time 2 heal and 4 weeks is not so bad looking forward 2 all the pain free yrs we will have. Please pamper ur self
Unread 06-03-2011, 06:25 AM

I am in week 4 now and do not plan to go back to work until early July. I have a 20 hour a week desk job. I am using this time to relax, read, watch movies, catch up with friends, see friends for lunch. SLEEP. The weather is very accommodating and so I enjoy sitting on my deck and daydreaming or going for a walk. I have already zipped through 3 books.

Try to enjoy this time -- pamper yourself if possible. You deserve it!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register