LSH Going back to work in warehouse 5 weeks post-op | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going back to work in warehouse 5 weeks post-op Going back to work in warehouse 5 weeks post-op

Unread 05-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Going back to work in warehouse 5 weeks post-op

Hello! I'm planning on going back to work May 31st. My surgery was April 27th. I got the surgery done while I was on a volenteer lay-off. I don't think I can get FMLA. So, I'm asking has anyone else went back to work 5 weeks post-op in a warehouse? I can deal with little pains as long as a know all is healed and can't bust open! When going back to work in a warehouse, how did you do? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Re: Going back to work in warehouse 5 weeks post-op

Hi I went back to work as a dental assistant at a very busy office after 2 weeks. I'm on my feet all day and by the end of the day with no lifting I was hurting! I was lucky I was scheduled off the next day and today will be my 2nd day of work and quite honestly I might ask for a day or two off for next week. If you have lifting to do you might want to take it slow or let them know you need light duty I'll admit I'm not one to sit around but this surgery hit me hard (LAVH uterus & cervix removed) Wish you well !!
Unread 05-20-2011, 08:22 AM

I went back to work at 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I have a job that requires me to be on my feet about 75% of the time and the rest is desk stuff. I also have only occasional lifting but it's around the 20lb mark so I'm really careful about that. I can honestly say that if you are going to be on your feet most of the time then you should probably stop in to HR and get paperwork of a LOA. You can do that before going back to work and do make sure the dr puts the max time he/she expects you to be out. You don't want to be forced to go back early or have to get another LOA if you end up staying out longer! Also, be sure to go into specific detail w/dr about jobs duties so they can get a realistic picture and give you a reasonable time frame for going back to work. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2011, 09:45 PM

Thank you both for your advice. It means the world to me! Best wishes to you two also!
Unread 06-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Well, here's my back to work update! Went in Monday morning no pain, by the afternoon I had just as much pain as when I left the hospital! I called Dr. yesterday about this. She said it's probally because I was pushing out 25lb. plus boxes all day. So, I talked to HR to go back out on leave! Dr. said thats my body telling me I did too much!
Unread 06-03-2011, 11:37 AM

I'm really glad that you talked to HR about the leave, sorry that you have to take it though. I know it's hard to deal with but your body must still need some more healing before you can push those 25lb boxes out! Good Luck! (((hugs)))

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register