Pre-op today, surgery on July 30th | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op today, surgery on July 30th Pre-op today, surgery on July 30th

Unread 07-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Pre-op today, surgery on July 30th

Hello everyone!

I had my pre op appt. this morning & was relieved to find out that I dont' have to do any bowel prep the night before surgery! LOL I can't eat/drink anything after midnight on the 29th & that's it. My surgery will be at 7 a.m. so that's not a big issue.

I have to say that I got kind of weepy driving to the hospital. I am 30 years old with 2 daughters, ages 4 & 6 and had a tubal ligation after my last baby. My head knows that I only wanted 2 children, but my heart hasn't caught on to that just yet. That is the only thing that is bothering me about this whole surgery. I guess because the only times I have ever been admitted to the hospital was when I had my babies & this time I'll be leaving without one.

I am having a TAH/possible BSO due to endo./possible adhesions and have been dealing with monthly pain for about the last 2 years. I have agonized over this decision & have even put it off for almost a year just trying to 'live' with it but came to realize a few months ago that I needed to do something about it before it caused further problems & so it would quit consuming my life.

I hope I am making sense. I've got so many thoughts in my head & I'm trying to sort through them all. I don't want to come off as ungrateful, because I know I am blessed by having my children, so I can't quite figure out why it's bothering me so much.

I lurk at this site & have found so much useful information. Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 03:45 PM

I completely can relate to what you are feeling about the whole "no more children" thing. About 10 years ago when I was 33 I had a myomectomy instead of a hysterectomy cuz I just couldn't bear the thought of losing my uterus. Even though I was positive I didn't want more children. Well, now it's ten years later and my hysterectomy is in 2 weeks. Yeah! I never did have any more kids out of choice, and I put up with a whole lot of pain,bleeding etc. for all of my emotional attachment. I feel blessed to have the 2 wonderful girls I have, and I truly believe it was always God's plan for me to have only 2 babies. I wish you only peace with your decision, you deserve to be pain free and able to enjoy most every day of the month! Good luck to you!
Unread 07-16-2002, 04:20 PM

Hi Marlow, welcome to Hyster Sisters! I understand completely what you are feeling. That is normal. I am 31 yrs old with 2 boys. I had a tubal ligation 6 1/2 yrs ago after my youngest was born. The doc said it was too risky to get pregnant again. I always dreamed that I could have a little girl someday, but that dream was shattered. I convinced myself in my head that 2 children were plenty. But like you said, my heart wasn't in it. I had my TAH/BSO 2 wks ago. I'm in my critical stages of recovery now.
Now all i can think about is my new lease on life. God is so good!
Hang in there, and just remember that you will be back to your normal pain free self after this surgery. As far as another child, well... I still get teary eyed when I see a baby, but yet, I'm so happy to see a couple happy with their lil bundle. Good Luck on your journey, soon I will see you posting in the Post Op forums. hehehe Your soon to be a Princess!!! Take care and Blessings to you and your family.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register