Increase in appetite since my hysterectomy 4 months ago | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Increase in appetite since my hysterectomy 4 months ago Increase in appetite since my hysterectomy 4 months ago

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Increase in appetite since my hysterectomy 4 months ago

i had my total hyst on nov. 27th 2013 i am now constantly hungry. ive gained 15 lbs and im very depressed about it. anyone else have the same issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Re: Increase in appetite

Oh, yes, but my issue had less to do with being constantly hungry than it did with boredom, I think. I have gained a bit of weight after the hysterectomy, maybe 20 pounds, and I'm still struggling to get it off. The curious thing is that I'm liking foods now that I never liked before, which doesn't help matters.
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:12 PM

I'm very concerned about gaining weight. I've always been a small person with a pretty flat stomach, and I eat fairly healthy. My hysterectomy was 4 weeks ago and I feel like I'm gaining right around the middle and I still have my ovaries. Why is this? I hope this isn't the direction my body is going. I don't think my appetite has been any more than usual. Maybe it's because I've been laying around so much. As soon as I recover and the weather gets warmer I'm making a point to get out more, walk, and excercise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospringchick View Post
... I feel like I'm gaining right around the middle ...
Could it be swelly belly, though I think that is bulgy tummy but without a weight gain?

I got a swelly belly but no weight gain with my hysterectomy, but then I gained 10 lbs during chemo because I didn't feel good enough to care about eating healthy and craved carbs, sugar, fat. All the bad stuff.

But I bought a couple new Wii exercise games and a Fit Bit Zip, and I've already gotten a lot of exercise. Haven't lost weight yet, but I'm hoping.
Unread 04-09-2014, 05:44 AM

I am hvn that same issue. As soon as I eat no less then 10 mins later. My stomach is growling for more food. I am ALWAYS HUNGRY!!! I had my uterus and cervix removed and not sure where all this is coming from. I am slender and tall and want to remain my size.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register