9 weeks post hysterectomy: will I ever enjoy sex the same way again? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 weeks post hysterectomy: will I ever enjoy sex the same way again? 9 weeks post hysterectomy: will I ever enjoy sex the same way again?

Unread 04-08-2014, 10:05 PM
9 weeks post hysterectomy: will I ever enjoy sex the same way again?

Hi all. So I will be 9 weeks out from the first surgery and 7 weeks out from the second tomorrow. Prior to surgery, my DH and I had a very active sex life. We have slowly started back in to things, and for the most part, it doesn't hurt. However, things just dont feel the same. Some things (him manually stimulating me) are very tender, and I can't seem to stop thinking about if something is going to tear. Anyway, I just wondered if sex will always feel different, and how long until it won't be so tender.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Re: will I ever enjoy sex the same way again?

I wish I knew the answer for you. It seems the answer is different for all women as we are all so different. My hope is that once you heal completely, things will be fine, but it might take some patience from both of you. I know that's not the absolutely "yes" you want to hear, but you have to have patience with yourself.
Unread 04-09-2014, 03:15 AM
Re: 9 weeks post hysterectomy: will I ever enjoy sex the same way again?

It's been four months for we and while it keeps getting better it's still not like it was and, yes, I still think about the cuff during sex. We hit sort if a dirt spot a few weeks ago and now if Anything slightly uncomfortable happens and I get totally paranoid. I think it just takes time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2014, 06:04 AM

I think it does get easier, at times there are setbacks. Manual isn't very comfy, his body is more comfy to me. What a great time to up the romance, bathe together, come up w creative ideas to throw the spark back in. We watched the wildlife come up the other night. Planning a starry date night , is in the works along w a beach date soon. We have kept our date nights , all the way throughout the recovery and things have been great. A fun time to try new ideas and things to keep it fresh. Hoping things improve and return to wonderful for you.
Unread 04-09-2014, 06:07 AM

That was supposed to be sore spot, not dirt spot. Thank you autocorrect. Lol.
Unread 04-09-2014, 06:53 AM

thea, you made me laugh this am, thank you!

i don't have much to offer in terms of encouragement as i had to have internal high dose radiation. before that, i felt awesome. although, i do agree, i wouldn't trust anyone with anything manual as i have too many visuals of what's been done to that area. now, after the radiation, that area is totally different. so i could only wish i had "only" the surgery. my advice regarding the "dirt" spots haha would be to give it time. like any wound, once it completely heals, you forget it was there. it will mentally bother you for a while because it's not fully healed. you are lucky to have an "active" husband, mine has no interest in sex which presents a whole other set of issues in itself.
Unread 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Hday, I do understand the DH not being interested as well. Prior to surgery, a "dry spell" would only last a week or so. Now, that is part of my problem. He doesnt seem to be interested at all. I dont think it is because he is nervous to hurt me. I feel like he has lost interest in ME all together. i had several complications after the first surgery, had to have a second surgery to remove growths that grew very quickly, and then tore my vaginal cuff open. I dont feel attractive at all. Anyway, I just wanted to say I can sympathize with the feeling of DH not wanting it.
Also, wanted to thank everyone else for their replies. I guess I knew sex would always be different, but justt wanted to know if i would be able to fully enjoy it again.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register