bloody bleeding! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bloody bleeding! bloody bleeding!

Unread 04-15-2004, 07:05 AM
bloody bleeding!

ok, i just wanna have a bit of a rant now! Feeling rather hormonal and stroppy, and thought id vent it hear rathere than at hubby!

I am thoroghly fed up of the bleeding, i even dream about it now! its doin my head in.

Always had heavy long bleeds, but they have got worse over the years. On my first appointment with the gyny, i was bleeding for 3 weeks, and off for 2, heavy and painful. She convinced me to try a hormonal implant IUD, called Mirena. It was fitted fallowing my hystoscopy, on the 1st of September. Since i have had it in, the bleeding has got worse, I have only had 5 days with out bleeding since then! I asked to have it taken out, but was told that it wont slow the bleeding down, and i wud have to find another form of contraception. I always used to use tampons, but they became very difficult to insert, and outright agont once in, and the hyscoscopy revealed this was dur to a fibroid on my cervix thats growing downwards into my vagina. So now i have to use towels, which i find bulky and uncomfortable, I also have to wear 2 at a time and change them hpourly dur to the severity of my loss. I have a constant nappy rash from wearing them, and sore hips from wearing nickers 24-7. I cant do all the things i wanna do, i cant swim anymore, i want to keep fit, and love swimming, but cant go wen i am bleeding, i cant romp on the floor with my kids, coz i leak and flood everywhere, and i even have to shower instread of taking a bubble bath because of the mess i make in the water!

As much as i am dreading this op, i cant wait for all this to end, and i wish the time wud fly by, I havent got my dates through yet, all i know is that i shud be under the knife sometime between now and september, with only a weeks notice.

Anyone else had enough? anyone else bleeding to this extreme?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 07:40 AM
bloody bleeding!

If I were, I would push for the surgery ASAP!!!! What you are going through, that is no way to live. You have got to be miserable 100% of the time.

I guess my concern is, have you become anemic? With the amount of blood you have lost, there is a very good chance for you to be anemic. Are you taking an iron supliment? That might be a good idea, if you aren't already taking one.

There are other treatmnts you could try to stop the bleeding, the Mirena is one of these treatments. Some treatments work well for some, and for others not at all. I chose Lupron as my first treatment, and that was the only thing to work for me. It stopped my bleeding within 2 days. The treatment is only for 6 months, but I loved it, the hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings that are the possible side effects, were nothing compared to the pain and suffering I had been in.

Again, with the problems you are having, if it were me, I would be in my drs face all of the time telling him to get this done NOW! As far as I am concerend, your problem is an EMERGENCY, and needs to be treated soon.

Kedi
Unread 04-15-2004, 09:02 AM
bloody bleeding!

I just hate the bleeding.
After so much bleeding over the years, I'm now on Lupron to stop it. My period started the next day after my first shot - as scheduled and hasn't stopped since..it's been 3 weeks, bleeding...not so heavily but I do understand...
I hate wearing the stupid pads all the time, and who knows, somethimes I get a surprise and the pad isn't enough anymore.
argggggggggg...2nd shot next week...I sure hope it works!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 09:30 AM
bloody bleeding!

Wow! I thought I had it bad, and I have nothing like what you have!
I do bleed a lot but I use overnight pads (can't use tampons, the blood pushes them back out!) which I change every hour, but it lasts like 2 weeks or so. Nothing like what you have tho.
If it were me I think I would go crazy!
I hope you get better soon!

's

S.
Unread 04-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Know the feelin

You are right to have some concerns and I agree you should have the surgery ASAP. The same thing happened to me and I have been getting blood transfusions to build my blood for surgery. I got so anemic that the biggest risk for the surgery is putting me to sleep, no anesth would put me to sleep as low as my blood was which has prolonged my surgery date. I am on the schedule for 05/06/04. Hopefully my next blood count will reveal after the transfusion, I'm ready for that date. I am going in today to get a Lupron Injection so that I will not have April's. I took iron and folic acid, stool softeners definately, but them along was no good because the bleeding has called severe anemia. Be careful, and be blessed
Unread 04-15-2004, 05:56 PM
bleeding

Kells,

I am here to tell you, I feel so blessed to no longer have the bleeding. Mine lasted for 4 months and was constant and really heavy. It started after I stopped nursing my baby and didn't stop until my lvh in January. I actually had to take a flight once and ended up in the restroom before boarding changing everything because the blood was dripping down my leg. It was downright miserable. It consumed my life for 4 months, I can't imagine doing it any longer. I suffered from endo since I was 13 and had my first laparoscopy at 14.

Since my surgery, I have no bleeding, no cramps, no nothing, just the ability to lead a normal life free of pain and misery.

Look forward to the surgery to relieve you from that darned uterus that is controlling your life. It has been the best decision I ever made. I'm 3 months out from mine and feel like a new person, free of pads/tampons, the pill, cramps and Motrin. For the first time in my life, I'm not quite sure where the heating pad is!!!!!

Best wishes to you in your surgery and recovery!

Tami, lvh 1/9/04
Unread 04-16-2004, 03:50 AM
bloody bleeding!

HIya all u sisters that replied to me!

I am aenimic, and take iron constantly, but my main side affect from the heavyy bleeding is that my imune system is low, i get every cold and snuffle under the sun, any tummy bugs going about, u got it...im the first to come down with them.

I feel miserable 24-7, I am moody, snappy, nd have no control over my temper, luckily my hubby just takes it all in his stride!

I have tried every form of medication available to me hear in the UK, from jabs to pills, and the mirena was the last one for me to try, so Im just at the end if the line, and patiently waiting for my turn in the que! I have tried speaking to my surgeon about bringing me in sooner for my op, but she has said that the waiting list is actually 18 months long, and Im lucky as i am at the top end of the list, with a maximum wait of 5 months, and the ladies in front of me, are in greater need than I, as they have cancer concerns, which, as yet, I dont. She did however, mark me down as a candidate for fillins..meaning if someone cancels last minute, they will call me in, I shud get 1-2 weeks notice of my castle date, but if i am a " filler" I could be telephoned the day before they want me in.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register