Do You Think? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do You Think? Do You Think?

Unread 04-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Do You Think?

Do any of you think that may be your animal senses what is going on?

I have 3 cats, 2 of them, my male and my lttle female, are real lover kitties, they like to be held and such all of the time. The other female cat, she she likes attention but on her terms. She never ever likes to be held. But here the past week or so, she has been all over me. Every time I get up to do anything, she is right behind me, following me wherever I go. She has to sleep with me, and she beats the other 2 cats when they get near me. She feels she must constantly be in my lap or at my side. My DH thinks I have some how brainwashed her.

I am thinking that she senses I am not feeling well. She has never been like this with anyone.

Kedi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Do You Think?

Hi Kedi...
I think it's quite possible that your cat senses you aren't feeling well. Cats are pretty special people ya know! Funny...I was just thinking last night about how it takes my mind off of my pain when my lil Cloe (cat) climbs up and snuggles with me on the couch.
Unread 04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Yes they know!

My kitty is almost 20 years old and clings to me. He is sick and I don't even know if I will still have him when my surgery comes but he kisses my cheek and stares in my eyes when I lay down.

He has always been that way. Any time I feel bad or even if I am sad over something he comforts me.
I can hardly stand the thought of losing him! He has been a wonderful friend for all these many years.
Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Do You Think?

You bet they sense your pain and worry. I have two mini doxie's and they are so in tune with my emotions. The other night when I had nuclear meltdown, they would not leave my side. Animals love unconditionally, too bad humans don't. Let that cat or dog or ferrett or whatever get close they help to easy the tension.
Unread 04-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Do You Think?

My female cat has been stuck to me like glue too. Maybe because she went through the same thing two months ago when I had her fixed. She was her old self in two days though. Wonder why animals don't go through what we do??
Unread 04-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Do You Think?

Yes for sure, I have diabetes and I tend to crash quite a bit. I have a black lab and she always knows when I feel bad and sugars run low. She hangs aroung my feet and thinks she is lap dog. She will jump on the bed and stay there until either emergency pople come or my blood sugars go back up and she feelsit is safe to move. She lays her head on my tummy often. Whilch is fine. Somehow shes manages to make it better.

She ils also very protective of both me and my 2 yearol son.
Unread 04-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Do You Think?

I have a cat and a puppy, who don't usually get along.. but since I've found out about my surgery and everything... they sleep together WITH me... and give me kisses together.. and they can't stand each other... so I totally think animals get it!!!

Theresa
Unread 04-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Do You Think?

I'm sure they know. Animals are so intuitive - their unconditiional love is a Godsend sometimes and that cold nose letting you know they are right there - wow, a special world we live in. I'm a foster mom for abadoned kittens and have to wait to get my "babies" until after my surgery - I think part of my sadness is my lack of kittens - I raised 25 last year for adoption - most just hours old when I got them - that pure love - it's beyond words - more special in some ways than raising my kids - I think I'm part cat! Right now by DH thinks I'm a female dog! Oh well.
Unread 04-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Do You Think?

I have cats dogs and ferrets, and i have always found them to be sensitive little creatures, specially the cats. Once, my enbire family was saved by our cat waking us when the house was burning down below us! I have male cats, and have hand reared them all, so they have always been caring and affectionate, however, they definatly seem more loving on the days when i am really down. The dogs, are always just lounbging around, waiting for some fuss, but we have discovered something......

For those of you that arent very canine minded....a ***** usually comes into season every 6 months, and in some cases, only once every 12 months....we keep track of our *****wes seasons etc as we breed from them, and we noticed that first one, then the 2nd..and eventually, numbers 3 and 4, all started coming into season every 3 months! spoke to the vet, and he said it is similar to boarding girl syndrom..ya know, when everyone syncornises menstral cycles....but in dogs, its uncommon unless one of them has a hormon problem that upsets the balance, after numerous tests on all my dogs, the vet couldnt find anything. He has finally put it down to me! yes thats right, my bleeding sets the dogs off! hows that for wierd!
Unread 04-16-2004, 06:32 AM
Critters

I live on a 2 acre ranchette .. I have Pigs ,Chickens ,Dogs ,Cats , Birds & a Horse ..you name it ..after my surgery about 3 weeks the darn horse keeps getting her hoof caught in the fence .. well after calling my husband home from work on a daily basis ..I went out and tried to get her unstuck .. the big ol paint Mare .. stood very still and lifted her foot to help me try to get her out .. yes yes yes our Animlas are very in tune with us ! But my little Pom (booty) ran right across my tummy the day I got home from surgery .. made me cry ! I know The Chickens don't care ! LOL !

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register