Did anyone have this Prob? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone have this Prob? Did anyone have this Prob?

Unread 04-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Did anyone have this Prob?

I have 2 VERY large fibroids....one is pressing against my bowel, so it feels as if I am constipated all the thime, the other is blocking the flow of urine from my bladder....it just trickles out(sorry if it's TMI!) I am soooo miserable at times....what did you do for these problems? Urologist showed me hoe to cath myself and I am sick of taking laxitives...I am sure the drug store thinks I am using all these laxatives for something else

I see the gyn tomorrow. I am SICK of the constant period and not being able to GO........It *****!

reeni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2004, 04:32 PM

Reeni: Sorry for your pain. I have a big fibroid pressing on my bladder and taking up 1/3 to 1/2 of it's space. I have to pee all the time and sometimes I leak. (Sorry, that is TOOOMI). I feel really full but don't have any bowel problems. I have constant cramping and a lower back ache. I probably would not have gone into the TAH as willingly but the bladder thing is getting lots worse. I think I have adjusted to the periods from ____. Only 6 days of this yuck left for me. Good luck to you at the gyn!!!
Unread 04-14-2004, 04:33 PM

reeni

I haven't had your problem, but I just wanted to say I am sorry you are having all of these things going on and causing you to be hurting and miserable.

Your surgery date isn't too far off so hang in there.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2004, 06:08 PM

I had no idea that the monster fibroid that was growing inside of me was actually starting to affect my bladder. I figured that I must have been peeing more often because of drinking more water and/or different foods I was eating.

It wasn't until the ultrasound report came back and the doc started to ask me about how frequently I was having to go.

Hah, now that I'm two weeks post-op I'm amazed each time I hit the bathroom, my bladder holds SOOOOO much more now.

Best of luck to you.
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:21 PM

I have a fibroid that is pushing on my bladder as well. That was in the beginning. Now I can feel when I need to go no 2 [if you know what I mean] in a whole new way. I can't go to the bathroom because I try to but I know it will be coming in about 20-30 minutes. When I finally do go, sometime it feels like I am giving birth. My tailbone hurts and I wish I could have a heating pad to wrap around my middle section. I also do a special potty dance for going no 1. I lean to the right, then the left, and then forward to make sure I really went.
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:24 PM

It's such a relief to know I am not the only one with this problem....I was very scaired before finding this site...I hope I get this out of me soon!

reeni

I do the same "Potty dance" Now I am laughing cuz I really thought I was unique...thanks for sharing!
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:27 PM

Ah yes, the eviction notice for the aliens and Aunt Flo is just around the corner. WhooHoo!
Unread 04-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Me Too!

I have had problems with "leaking" for quite awhile now. Talked to my gyn about it today because I was wondering if a cystocele might be the cause and since I'm having a hyst maybe I should get it fixed (my mom had hers repaired 3 years ago, as well as a total hyst and rectocele). She told me many times a woman with fibroids gets relief from the problem after a hyst.

To Dimples 5 - Good luck with your castle visit and THANKS for the laugh! I thought I was the only one who did that! Sometimes if I have to go so bad my back teeth are floating I have to have something to hold on to as the pain is unbelievable!

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I appreciate you and this site. It's soooo nice to be able to "talk" about my problems and concerns with others who are going through the same thing!

Love and hugs to all!
Unread 04-15-2004, 03:38 PM

Ok...I just came from the Drs office, she says she is scheduling me for surgery In a couple weeks! the 2 fibroids I have have grown to the size of salad plates..the one is blocking my bladder and the other my bowel......I am so scaired.....and happy this will be over at the same time.........I started crying in the doctor's office and I don't even know why.

Thanks for listening.

reeni
Unread 04-15-2004, 04:37 PM

Reeni_bear - Glad to hear your doc was able to get you in so quickly so you'll finally be able to get some much needed relief ( pun intended)!

I think crying is a sign of how much this has affected your life and you're thankful to have such a great doc. When I was at the Drs yesterday and talked to her about a bunch of things, she was so understanding and sympathetic to my feelings that I told her how much I appreciated her and her staff and then started crying myself. This whole process is just so overwhelming and it's great to hear the news you want and need to hear!

Good luck to you. When is your surgery scheduled? Let us know so we can keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Love and hugs to all!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register