surgery scheduled for 7-19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery scheduled for 7-19 surgery scheduled for 7-19

Unread 07-14-2005, 08:35 PM
surgery scheduled for 7-19

Getting Ready for surgery on 7-19 and really nervous
I am scheduled for pre op on the 18th and then surgery on the 19th. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get. I have had to take augestin and iron for 2 months, I have very low blood and I have gained so much weight and I am so bloated. I feel miserable. But I would love to know more information on pre op and the surgery. I am having a TVH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 09:03 PM

I just had my hysterectomy and TVA on June 30th and am doing well, except I tire easly and am having trouble urinating like I used to. I wonder if anyone else after surg has the feeling of a full bladder but can only go a little at a time. This is week 2 after surg and I am starting to worry if I will be ready to go back to work on Aug 2 as scheduled. I work on my feet all day at a busy ophthalmology office and I get tired now just going to the store for 15 minutes. How long does it take to feel yourself and does anyone think it out of the question for me to ask my Dr for an additional 2 weeks off to make sure I am ready or is that stretching it. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and TVA. Please let me know those of you who are further out then I am and have had more time to heal how it feels after 6 weeks. Thanks for the info Lucretia
Unread 07-14-2005, 09:05 PM

Hi tmburkett!

I'm also scheduled for pre-op on the 18th and my surgery is on the 19th. I would also like to know what's involved with pre-op appt since I've already done the chest x-ray, ekg, treadmill test and colonoscopy to get to the hysterectomy. what's left? friends told me they probably want to take blood and do all the paperwork for hospital. All I know is doctor is going in abdominally and I think taking everything (mom died from ovarian cancer and my father got breast cancer). I'm also getting nervous. But I am feeling good about it coming up finally. This week is going by fast, after all the other weeks going by so slow knowing surgery date. Well, good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2005, 07:39 AM

Hello ladies!

tmburket, I was on iron supplements prior to my surgery. I'll have to take them until I'm 6 months post op. I also felt miserable right before my surgery. Hang in there! Recovery does take some time, but each week I'm gaining more stamina and having less discomfort.

I highly recommend that you click on the "Checkpoints" tab and read the "Pre-op" and all the post op articles. They really helped me prepare!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view.php?pg=chk

Kelly, I had two different pre-op visits, one with my doctor at her office and one at the hospital. My doctor and I reviewed what would be done during surgery and reviewed what to expect post op. She wrote my admission orders and gave me a sheet with her pre-op instructions. The other appt was pre-admission for the hospital. Here is a link to a recent discussion about the pre admission appt.:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...light=Hospital

Lucretia, I've seen some posts about bladder problems. I still battle fatigue. It's a good idea to contact your doctor and describe your concerns. You might want to post your questions on the post-op message boards, I'm sure you are not alone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register