LAVH Wish I felt great like other posts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wish I felt great like other posts Wish I felt great like other posts

Unread 08-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Wish I felt great like other posts

I've had a rough week. Seeing the posts this am about others feeling great has depressed me rather than inspired me. While I'm glad others are healing and getting back into the groove, I'm tired of being down. I had my 6 weeks check, still having some pain internally. My hubby and I thought we'd get the all clear for sex , too. Nope! I had granulation tissue on vaginal cuff. Dr promptly treated it which was VERY painful. So, two more weeks of no lifting, no sex, light duty at work. Dr said we would probably have to treat again in two weeks. I'm beginning to regret the surgery. It was supposed to make me feel better. Right now, I feel like I've been talked into something that maybe I didn't need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Re: Wish I felt great like other posts

You are not alone. I am having issues. I had the Robotic surgery and everyone keeps saying you should feel great by now. Everyone heals at different rates. I had a total hyster because of Cancer so I had no choice. If you see my hyster date you will see my operation was in Dec 2012 and sex, well let's say Oct 2012 the last time. I keep telling myself it's going to get better it's just going to take some of us longer. You are not alone . I am here with you.
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:10 AM

Some how I can relate.. I've second guessed my surgery a few times now. I'm hoping that it's normal at this point. In the beginning I longed to hear success stories to give me hope. Now I feel like why don't I feel great? I'm terrified I made my stomach ache for the rest of my life. Terrified I gave up orgasms. Terrified I'm now too weak to handle the big storm that's coming in my life very soon. I don't have the energy to fight for anything right now.. It was May I hear Hysterectomy and July it's done. I'm sure it was the best thing for me regardless of how I feel right now but wow what a blow of emotions to try to sort and deal with. Doesn't help watching people enjoying summer either. Knowing when I'm healed it'll be winter. Just when all my body pains are at their worst.. Yeah I relate. I feel for you and I hope you won't have to go thru that again. My gp Dr told me to start taking zinc and vitamin c to help with healing. Maybe you can try too.
Big hug....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjennings View Post
I've had a rough week. Seeing the posts this am about others feeling great has depressed me rather than inspired me. While I'm glad others are healing and getting back into the groove, I'm tired of being down. I had my 6 weeks check, still having some pain internally. My hubby and I thought we'd get the all clear for sex , too. Nope! I had granulation tissue on vaginal cuff. Dr promptly treated it which was VERY painful. So, two more weeks of no lifting, no sex, light duty at work. Dr said we would probably have to treat again in two weeks. I'm beginning to regret the surgery. It was supposed to make me feel better. Right now, I feel like I've been talked into something that maybe I didn't need.
I'm at the beginning of week 5. At my 2 week check the dr said no sex for 8 weeks! That alone is depressing. I still have pain too. On Monday I see a urologist for a urodynamics test, then I call my gyn back with the results. I'm sorry you've got that granulation issue going on. I had cuff cellulitis at week 3, so totally understand. Those pelvic exams are no joke.

We must believe that this too will pass. Anything less would make us go crazy!!!! I hope you hit a huge healing spurt and turn a corner soon. I'm sort of jealous of those women that are already back to regular life. ha! Doing grocery yesterday knocked me back to pain pills. Oh well. A day for a day. That's what a friend keeps telling me.
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:35 AM

The worse is I feel like friends and family are sick of me not being able to do things and go at full steam. They don't understand . And I miss my husband terribly. There's no affection at all since he can't get a happy ending. I think he's given up.
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Hang in there! I'm a type A, super mom and "fast healer" and it took me 8 weeks to feel normal! I was getting so discouraged. It was like a fog just lifted, the pain subsided and I felt better. You are going to feel better soon I promise!!

Amy
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:39 AM

Thanks Amy. I hope so.
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Wish I felt great like other posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjennings View Post
The worse is I feel like friends and family are sick of me not being able to do things and go at full steam. They don't understand . And I miss my husband terribly. There's no affection at all since he can't get a happy ending. I think he's given up.
I know the feeling! I feel as though he isnt interested in me anymore. Its been so long since we could do anything that i think he just looks at me as a sympathy case. Like he has to love me and that is the only reason he is here.
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Believe me I know the feeling, I am post op week 5 on Monday. Post op has not been easy. my incision is still being packed twice a day and I still have pain. I was in tears yesterday when my sister was yelling at me to get over it. I have a daughter who is soon to return to school but my sister is doing my evening packing. I want my life back. My dog is at a friend and I miss him. My daughter misses her home and friends. I have pushed myself to walk and avoid the pain medication in hope of returning home. I keep telling myself and praying it will be over. I will pray for you too. Hang in there. I will.
Unread 08-10-2013, 03:42 PM

I wanted to post to your thread so you didn't feel alone and as you can see from other's posts, that you're not. I'm 9 weeks post-op and I still experience pain that prevents me from feeling comfortable even attempting relations with my husband. The want to is finally there (was afraid a some weeks back that my one remaining ovary was shutting down on me as I was having hot flashes and zero desire), but I can't imagine any pressure on my groin area (where most of my pain is right now).

I'm actually feeling better than I have in a very long time, but have my limitations and still get tired easily if I go shopping for groceries and run a few errands. I was in a place as short as a week or two ago where I regretted even having this surgery although I was essentially bleeding to death for 31 days in a row.

It has taken me this long to finally be half-way happy about having it done and I think the reason why it has taken me so long is that I had the operation so that I could have my life back, and it still doesn't feel like I have it back fully yet.

I think once I hit the 6 months mark post-op (or in my case it may take me longer, who knows?) I will be much happier with my decision.

One of my best friends has never had any type of operation, much less a major one like this, and she wants to keep comparing it to her having the flu, ROFL. I've had the flu a few times and I will take that recovery over this one any day. Like you, I had some granulation issues on my vaginal cuff and had to have the silver nitrate treatment. I had to wait until my 8th week post-op to get clearance for intercourse, but since my groin and abdomen (I had an abdominal hysterectomy and also adhesions removed) are so painful, haven't even attempted.

Hang in there, you're still early in the post-op and this is for most women, a very hard recovery, but we will make one and things will get better when our bodies are ready.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register