Recovery Issues/Concerns... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Issues/Concerns... Recovery Issues/Concerns...

Unread 11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Recovery Issues/Concerns...

Hi Ladies!

I am sorry that I haven't been on recently.. I will get to that in a minute but I have to stress something first.

Ladies, if something doesn't "feel" right, call your doctor and/or go straight to the ER and have a check up immediately. Do not brush it aside or see if you feel better the next morning...

Okay, now that I get off my soapbox. I had my surgery alittle over 2 weeks ago.. Sunday night, I didn't feel well, stomach was causing some pain but tolerable. I thought that I just "over-did" it some and needed rest...
I woke up Monday morning 3:30am with the shakes, a fever of 100.5 (that refused to go down), stomach and back pain horribly, nasuea, throwing up, and massive migraine.. I called the on-call doctor and he wanted me to try and wait until their office opened. Well, at 5am, I decided I could not wait, so we packed up and headed to the ER.
Come to find out, I developed a bacterial infection in my pelvis/stomach area from surgery. I just got home after lunch time today from being in the hospital. I was put on so many pain killers and antiboitics to clear everything up.. Now, I have a pharmacy of medicine to keep me company and lots more bed rest time...
I am on the mend though and I hope everyone else is doing well and continuing to get well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Re: Recovery Issues/Concerns...

Wow we need to listen to our bodies more....I am so glad you are on the mend, shame this may delay the recovery a little.I am 8 days post op...Having good and bad days..I will Not take meds, I had enough of them in hospital tablet for this tablet for that etc.They made me sick more...Anyway rest up and if you feel something is still not right go straight away to get help..
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Re: Recovery Issues/Concerns...

sorry you are having a set back, but so glad you went and got cared for! I hope the rest of your recovery is uneventful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register