Comforting stories | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Comforting stories Comforting stories

Unread 04-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Comforting stories

I have been agonizing over my decision to have a hysterectomy for fibroids and heavy bleeding and getting upset about some information I have read about negative effects of hysterectomy -- BUT NO MORE!

Ever since I told friends and relatives about my upcoming May 31 surgery, I have heard nothing but happy hysterectomy stories. At least a dozen people I know or have heard about who had hysterectomies for fibroids and heavy bleeding say they wish they had done it years ago! They all talk about how much more energy they have had since then and how much the general quality of their lives has improved.

The most recent story is of my sister-in-law, who had a hysterectomy on April 12. (She and I had our babies the same year, our tubes tied the same year, and now are having hysterectomies the same year -- weird!) She is already talking about what a relief she feels and how well her recovery is going. A friend of hers had one a year ago, and says the same thing I'm hearing from everyone else: I'm so much better off, I wish I'd done it years ago!

These stories have helped me so much I wanted to share them with anyone who may still be feeling anxious!

QueenB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Comforting stories

We have a forum called "Beyond the Land of Hyster". This is where members who are months and years post op come back to post updates. There are literally hundreds of "comforting" stories from these members letting everyone know how they are doing since their surgeries.

Click HERE to go to the "Beyond" forum.

Best wishes.
Unread 04-27-2005, 01:42 PM
>>>>>>>>

when it is my time...a month or so out, i will be adding my positive experience. i, too have had only positive accounts, even from those who did have some complications.

but, no one ever told me that i shouldn't go forth, no one ever made me afraid of going forth. even if they had, everyone is different and in my world, it is our sharing of joy, sorrow, anger and elation, conflict and resolution, that makes us feel connected.

my heart aches for those that have had an awful experience, as i have read in a few posts. it reminds me that i must not take for granted what i was given.....a new breath of life. thank you for your post queenb. from a happy post-op camper!!! m
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Mecelena

Thanks, Mecelena! I posted my "comforting stories" message on this board instead of "Beyond the Land of Hyster," for two reasons: because I am not "beyond" yet and because many of the stories I have read there were causing me more anxiety, even though I still believe hysterectomy is my best choice. Consequently, I think I chose the right place to post, and I thank you for your response. I completely agree with you about sharing joys and sorrows -- especially joys for people who are pre-op and scared.

After my surgery, I plan to share the facts of my experience, whatever they are, because I know lots of people are still in the process of deciding what to do.

This is a wonderful site and I plan to make a one-time donation after my surgery to give back for all the help I have received here!

Unread 04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>

glad your here and i look forward to your experiences. yep, my next goal, to make a donation too. what an amazing group of ladies, who host and who visit. m
Unread 04-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Comforting stories

I just have to agree with everyone here! Even though some people have scary and negative stories, the majority of what I've read and people I've talked to has been so positive that I feel much more comfortable with my decision. Coming to this site has also made me feel so much more prepared than anything my doctor has told me...he tells me what he thinks I should know, but I've read what to really expect. Someday when I have a positive number in my checking account I will definately be contributing to this site...probably won't be until school starts next year and I finally get to be a paid teacher, but I won't forget in the meantime how great this site has been!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register