Return of the Swelly Belly?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Return of the Swelly Belly?? Return of the Swelly Belly??

Unread 12-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Return of the Swelly Belly??

9 weeks today post TVH with A & P repairs. Just when I thought things were getting back to normal (I was in my old pants & jeans comgfortably for 2 weeks & feeling pretty energetic) I had swelly belly so bad last night I looked 6 month pregnant. Is this normal for it to come and go like that? I was very active all weekend with shopping, christmas decorations, etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Re: Return of the Swelly Belly??

I'm not sure I know the answer to your question for sure, but I can tell you that I am now 11 weeks post-op and I still occasionally get more swelling than I'd like. I definitely find that it is related to me "over-doing" things (like you said, when I've been shopping, cleaning, on my feet all day, etc., the swelling seems to be worse, so I believe it is directly related to too much activity). It does seem like the swelling should be done by now, so if someone knows when that magic day comes, please let us know!
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:57 AM

I am 8 weeks post op tomorrow. I tease my husband.... "Should I wear the black yoga pants or the other stretchy black pants". This swelly belly thing is for the birds. I'm fortunate to be a stay at home mom but it sure would be nice to feel "normal" whatever that is anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM

Hi (((one of four)))

I noticed in your profile that you still have your ovaries. I also have one left. I do still go through periods of time related to my cycle where I feel very bloated even after all this post op time has passed. If it does seem very extreme to you though, perhaps a call to your doctor is a good idea? Hope it eases up for you soon!

Unread 12-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Okay I think I over exagerated the six months prego thing. I was still able to zip my pants but it was uncomfortable. Today I almost feel like I am getting my period. Do you still have slight backache with the bloatedness? I thought my uterus had smoething to do with all the aches and pains or is this regular pms even without my uterus? The swelly belly did go down overnight but I am still feeling bloated. I was very aggitated yesterday and am feeling weepy.

Want to be back to normal sooo bad.
Unread 12-02-2009, 06:00 PM

Aw sis, you'll get there. You are still very early on in the grand scheme of things.

I do still get a backache about the same time during my cycle that I used to, but not every month.

If you are like me, the aches and pains will lessen as each month passes. I don't even take anything for my symptoms anymore because they are so much subtler than they used to be.

Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register