4 weeks post-op. Is this what it's supposed to be like - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post-op.  Is this what it's supposed to be like 4 weeks post-op. Is this what it's supposed to be like

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Re: 4 weeks post-op. Is this what it's supposed to be like

I wish I could hug you all... (((( you all )))
;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:18 PM

Same here. So frustrated. I know my family doesn't understand. They ask "how are you feeling?" And then give you that look like "better huh?" So I just say fine and carry on. After 10 days or so I thought I was turning a corner and so excited to go back to work. I turned the corner alright and ran smack into a brick wall. Back to work full time - sad and overwhelmed.
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejahthoris78 View Post
Can i join this club? At four weeks with bloated belly, sore beat up pain in tummy and back, fatigue, insomnia. Gas, constipation and a urinary tract infection. Im so attractive! Not. One good thing, today i didnt get a headache and i was able to do bills, and take care of a pile of paperwork, and did some light kitchen work. I really thought I would be further ahead by now.
I need to join too! And what makes me feel even worse is I feel people around me are like, you're not better yet?...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2013, 02:12 AM

Girl I feel all this I'm at 3 weeks today and feel like crap. Been so upset because I'm exhausted, having alot of cramping, back pain, insisions burn, feel raw inside, so darn tired I just want to cry, almost out of pain meds and I'm still hurting scared dr won't refill since I'm at 3 weeks. Glad I'm not alone because I was saying same thing today this can't be normal my dr made it seem like I would be doing awesome at 2 weeks and here I am at 3 and feel worse then I did at 2 weeks. I see these women that post and there like shira saying how awesome they are doing what the heck why don't we feel awesome. I did have like 3 days where I was like ok I'm feeling ok but bam I'm back in bed exhausted hurting and miserable ugh. Will this dang feeling ever end I sure hope so cause I'm about to go crazy in this darn bed. I feel so helpless I wake up and just feel like I ran a marithon or something when all I did was make me a piece of toast. Know ur not alone because I'm right there with u on everything u said above. I've also exsperianced some spoting and my belly is sore to the touch almost like its bruised. Grrrr I want my life back so badly girl I just want to scream sometimes. Hang in there sorry had to vent this because I know how u feel! Take care girl and hopefully we will be back to normal soon. Are u still taking pain meds? Big HUGS sent ur way my sister ur not alone!!
Unread 08-09-2013, 06:44 AM

I hit my 4th week post op this past Wednesday. I had a LAVH with bilateral salpingectomy and my right ovary removed, along with a bladder sling. I have a great day and then two blah days. I have been having to keep a urine diary as my first two weeks I had to self cath, I am now on 0.8 Flomax and still have issues. My husband thinks I should be better by now so it has been a challenge for him as well. I just called my MD because I think one of my incisions on my labia my be infected as it is extremely pain. Most of my pain is on the right side, however I woke this morning with left sided pain as well, where I still have one ovary left. I am so worried about going back to work next week, because I am a workaholic and my employees are expecting me to be 150% on my "A" game, and currently half the day I lay around trying to muster the energy to do something... And then when I do something, I get so tired I am in bed by 8-9. I feel like i am being set up for failure!
Unread 08-09-2013, 09:13 AM

Big hugs!! I'm at 8 weeks and ladies, there IS hope!! It gets better......but my weeks 3 and 4 were the worst (apart from day 1 !!), there was always something new and I felt as if it should be getting better quicker. But it really is a question of patience, patience - and call your doctor if you're worrying about something specific. Don't expect to have much energy....you don't need to feel lazy, just think of it as all your energy being channelled into the bits that need to heal, that's where it's going! Your body's just making the decision for you on what to do with your energy!
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:08 AM

I have said the same thing, that I feel worse now than after the first week. It could be because we expect to feel like crap the first week and as we appear to be better we expect more.
I was getting ready for a group garage sale today and realized that just picking up clothing and hanging it and walking to my car made me tired and my belly swell. It is more swelled today than in the previous four weeks. A friend who went through this said it's because I'm doing more (and it's true). When I back off I do go back to feeling better. I'm only going to do the bare minimum tomorrow and ask for help. I think some of the posts about feeling great the first week are due to everyone being on so many drugs and anesthesia! When it all wears off then reality sets in!
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:13 AM
4 weeks post-op. Is this what it's supposed to be like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle136 View Post
Girl I feel all this I'm at 3 weeks today and feel like crap. Been so upset because I'm exhausted, having alot of cramping, back pain, insisions burn, feel raw inside, so darn tired I just want to cry, almost out of pain meds and I'm still hurting scared dr won't refill since I'm at 3 weeks. Glad I'm not alone because I was saying same thing today this can't be normal my dr made it seem like I would be doing awesome at 2 weeks and here I am at 3 and feel worse then I did at 2 weeks. I see these women that post and there like shira saying how awesome they are doing what the heck why don't we feel awesome. I did have like 3 days where I was like ok I'm feeling ok but bam I'm back in bed exhausted hurting and miserable ugh. Will this dang feeling ever end I sure hope so cause I'm about to go crazy in this darn bed. I feel so helpless I wake up and just feel like I ran a marithon or something when all I did was make me a piece of toast. Know ur not alone because I'm right there with u on everything u said above. I've also exsperianced some spoting and my belly is sore to the touch almost like its bruised. Grrrr I want my life back so badly girl I just want to scream sometimes. Hang in there sorry had to vent this because I know how u feel! Take care girl and hopefully we will be back to normal soon. Are u still taking pain meds? Big HUGS sent ur way my sister ur not alone!!
Wanted to tell u I ended up calling my dr today because I've been having all the above symptoms she explained this is completely normal that around week 3-5 ur ovary begins to wake up and ur hormons start to come back slowly plus the healing process is causing the exhaustion, cramping, back pains spoting, and weakness. Said our bodies have been through so much and all the energy is used up going to the organs and ovary is waking up putting hormones back in our system. Im pretty sure u had said u keep one ovary? I keep my right ovary but have struggled with menopause symptoms. She promised at 6 weeks we will be able to feel some normal come back and menopause symptoms should begin to go away. Will still get tired if overdue but won't be as bad. If u do feel worried call dr I had a huge relief and understanding of what's happening and why I feel this way. Sending Big Hugs ur way sister We will feel better soon. Hope this helps bring u some calm and rest to ur worry as it did me.
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:34 AM

Almost 4 weeks post- DaVinci surgery (all except ovaries), and similar symptoms ...I live alone, so trying to rely on friends when I can, but I know I'm overdoing it (no choice). More spotting after having to capture/lift my 12.5lb runaway cat, achy, pulls and upper ab / back pain (muscles overcompensating for not using lower abs). Hot/cold at night, dizzy during late mornings. I'm trying to eat light and lots of salads/veggies, so virtually no problems with constipation. Might have kept the post surgery weight loss, most likely due to muscle atrophy (sigh).

But, aside from walking, I'm certainly not dancing as in the DaVinci DVD....ridiculous.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register