Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Being a chicken! Getting more and more nervous! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Being a chicken! Getting more and more nervous! Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Being a chicken! Getting more and more nervous!

Unread 05-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 5/25: Being a chicken! Getting more and more nervous!

I know anticipation is the worst, but I am getting more and more nervous. I have a tlh on 5/25, my pre-op is tomorrow and I am just wound up!! They are assuming there is endo since Lupron helped bleeding and pain, but other than that, we are flying blind. Cervix and uterus is stenotic, couldn't get a biopsy, so of course my mind is running away with the possibilities of what can go/be wrong. Sorry, I know this is another worry wart post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Re: Being a chicken! Getting more and more nervous!

Dont appologize for you feelings. Being nervous is normal. My surgery is next month. Waiting is pure torture
Unread 05-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserableme View Post
Dont appologize for you feelings. Being nervous is normal. My surgery is next month. Waiting is pure torture
It is torture!!! I am so worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2016, 09:14 PM

(((Hugs))) I remember being so nervous as well. Honestly after we got back to the OR it felt like just minutes and it was over. Yes, there was some pain afterwards but they helped keep it under control.

I stayed one night in the hospital and was up and using the restroom later that afternoon/early evening. By 10 pm I walked the hall with the nurses help. Take it one step at a time and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Waiting sucks, try to do some projects around the house to distract you.
Unread 05-12-2016, 10:10 PM

I have almost 4 weeks to wait. I try to stay busy and think of other things but it has consumed me. I can't sleep and I'm having panic attacks. Im not sure how to control my fear. I had gallbladder surgery last summer and didnt worry at all. I really understand how you are feeling. Its great to know that I am not the only one.
Unread 05-13-2016, 04:34 AM

It's all normal. The waiting is the worst part. I let my mind run away with me right before surgery too and got very little sleep. They couldn't do a biopsy on me either, so know how you feel. I just kept myself busy with getting everything set up and ready for recovery and spent time with friends and family to keep my mind from running too far away. I also listened to guided imagery to help me relax and keep focused on the positive. It definitely helped me.

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery.
Unread 05-13-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I have almost 4 weeks to wait. I try to stay busy and think of other things but it has consumed me. I can't sleep and I'm having panic attacks. Im not sure how to control my fear. I had gallbladder surgery last summer and didnt worry at all. I really understand how you are feeling. Its great to know that I am not the only one.
You are definitely not alone. I was thinking a date that was sooner (when they initially scheduled it a little over a month ago) would have been easier. Less time to be a spazz and worry! I am concerned about the pain a little bit. Even with smaller procedures, when I wake up I get the worst cramps and pain when they mess with anything down there. Maybe this will help that?? Lol! I haven't prepped at all. I have major anxiety and have had the worst time getting focused
Unread 05-13-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falfrenzy View Post
It's all normal. The waiting is the worst part. I let my mind run away with me right before surgery too and got very little sleep. They couldn't do a biopsy on me either, so know how you feel. I just kept myself busy with getting everything set up and ready for recovery and spent time with friends and family to keep my mind from running too far away. I also listened to guided imagery to help me relax and keep focused on the positive. It definitely helped me.

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery.
I should try the guided imagery! Thank you!
Unread 05-13-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablated View Post
You are definitely not alone. I was thinking a date that was sooner (when they initially scheduled it a little over a month ago) would have been easier. Less time to be a spazz and worry! I am concerned about the pain a little bit. Even with smaller procedures, when I wake up I get the worst cramps and pain when they mess with anything down there. Maybe this will help that?? Lol! I haven't prepped at all. I have major anxiety and have had the worst time getting focused
I know what you mean. Im worried about the pain as well. I already feel pretty lousy most of the time so the thought of feeling worse isnt appealing. I have a lot of lower back pain. One of the doctors said its because of the fibroids and enlarged uterus and the other doctor said maybe not. I'm stressed and emotional and my husband and son act like I'm a crazy person.
Unread 05-13-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I know what you mean. Im worried about the pain as well. I already feel pretty lousy most of the time so the thought of feeling worse isnt appealing. I have a lot of lower back pain. One of the doctors said its because of the fibroids and enlarged uterus and the other doctor said maybe not. I'm stressed and emotional and my husband and son act like I'm a crazy person.
Oh I am sure my hubby and son think I am nuts!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register