Anyone currently on Lupron? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone currently on Lupron? Anyone currently on Lupron?

Unread 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Anyone currently on Lupron?

Hi Everyone,

I had my first shot of Lupron this morning.

I did a round (6 months of Luprong) about 10 years ago before my myomectomy. I did not have any side effects outside of no periods (and I don't call that a side affect!)

But, I am 10 years older (41) and wondering if age will impact how I handle this.

Anyone 40 something currently on it? What is your experience.

(I'm also traveling to Seattle on Saturday for a week of business and personal. I hope the hot flashes don't kick in on the plane!)

Thanks!
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2008, 12:17 PM

I am 42..was 41 when I was on Lupron.I spent 6 months on the injections.I had hot flashes and some weight gain,but for me the injections were a blessing.My blood was so low(4.9)that I had to take the shots to build up my blood before we could even discuss a hysterectomy. I had my surgery on December 5th. and i was able to keep my ovaries so about a week after my surgery my hot flashes stopped.

I know a lot of ladies have different side effects..some worse than others. I hope yours not to bad...mine were tolerable considering the pain I had been going through for years. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you have a safe trip.
Faith
Unread 06-09-2008, 02:05 PM

I am 46 and I had 3 month Lupron injection on April 4th. The first month was terrible - I had my period twice, lots of pain. Since then my stomach is very bloated and it is getting worse. I have never felt that bad in my life. Unfortunately I got the 3 month option. If it was month by month I would have definitely stoped it, no hesitation whatsoever.
I am going for a hysterectomy this Thursday and I am looking forward to it.

I hope your experience is not like mine. Good luck with everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2008, 08:03 PM

Thank you both. I am doing the one month injection. My doc thinks I will definitely have hot flashes this time around. She said that I should not have my period this month, and if I do, it should be very light. She also said that if I have any more of the severe symptoms like memory loss or failure to concentrate, we'll stop. Her comment was that the "side effects" are basically what you can expect when you go through menopause. Black Sea Turtle -- best of luck with your surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register