unsuccessful ablation, what next? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

unsuccessful ablation, what next? unsuccessful ablation, what next?

Unread 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM
unsuccessful ablation, what next?

Ohhhh Purple Lilac your post made me tear up. It is true, we all NEED each other, in the good parts of our life and the not so good parts. Thank goodness for insurance, just the last few months of test for me had added up to $26,800.00 I printed it out then added it all up.

Yes I have been to the Pre-Op place too, I jump all around reading and reading and reading. It so nice to read all the positives. Thats what keeps me moving forward with this. My DH of 23 years is my Rock!! He supports me 100% and just want me better.

Purple Lilac!! Not insignificant at all...We have never even meet yet just knowing there are caring, loving people on this forum to help with any questions or concerns I have along the way means so very much to me, and I THANK-YOU for that!!!!!!

As the weeks get closer to my surgery date, I will probably be freaking out! I will say I'm sorry now. LOL LOL

You will know If and when it will be right for you, and I will be here to offer all the support I can.

RT66Cruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Hi RT66Cruiser,

I know what you mean about never having personally met other hyster sisters but still feeling connected with them. Tall/short, big/small, young/old, rich/poor.....none of that matters and maybe that's why we can be so open with each other about the health problems we're dealing with. No one is here to judge us, just to offer much needed support.

I'm glad I can be of help and thank you for offering your support - I might just take you up on that some day. LOL about your apology in advance for freaking out before the surgery. I'm sure I'd be feeling the same way. Heck I'm freaking out just thinking about making the decision! And I don't have any excuses like worrying about whether my insurance will cover it like some women do. The joys of living in Canada eh? With free health care I'd never even thought of how much the tests would cost let alone the surgery or hospital stay. $26,800.00 Ouch! That is expensive, glad to hear you have coverage.

Anyway, I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:33 PM

RT66Cruiser:

Wow! You have been through a lot. I hope and pray that this surgery will be the start of getting on with your life! I can relate somewhat. I went in for the D&C and Ablation in Oct 06 and it was supposed to be a minor fix. It went terribly wrong, and I ended up with 4 surgeries within 10 mos., about 8 different doctors, countless tests and blood work. I totaled up my bills and they added up to just around 100,000 dollars....thank God for health insurance! I hope that you are able to hang in there till Sept., and I'm gald you found peace with your decision. Maybe you can make a list of all the things you will be able to do again once you don't have to worry about gyn and health probs. one for each day leading up to the surgery to help you in this "lady-in-waiting" period...hahaha! Take care!

Purple Lilac -

Don't you dare think you're not strong because you aren't emotionally ready!!!! It is a big big big decision, and even after you have talked to everyone, and heard everyone else's story, and listened to your doctor, you are still the one who has to live with the decision. When I was still contemplating what to do, I knew I was out of options except for the hyster, but I put it off, until one day, I was just in so much pain that I realized I couldn't live my life anymore and I wasn't being a good mom, teacher, or wife, or just plain me. It was my breaking point and I got angry and that was it. I was ready, but not before that. Please do me a favor and just ease up on yourself and give it a rest for awhile. Don't think about the decision, don't stress over it, just know you have the choice when or if you are ready, and I bet you will find the peace and strength to make the right decision for you sooner than later.

Take care and love yourself as much as you give out love to others. In the end, I believe that that really is what this decision comes down to, how much you value yourself and your contribution to those around you (if that makes sense!).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 07:08 PM

teacher 30,

Thank you so much for your kind words. They did make a lot of sense and touched me deeply. It wasn't until after I read your message that I realized I really am putting a lot of pressure on myself...........guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. I know I can be pretty tough on myself but I will do my best to not stress about this for a while and if my decision ends up being later rather than sooner then that's what is meant to be.

You truly are a treasured hyster sister.
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:39 PM

You're so sweet Purple Lilac. Don't worry, it will all work out. Wishing the best for both you and RTCruiser. Please keep posting to let us know how you are doing.
Unread 08-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Thanks so very much Teacher30!!!
I second everything you said to Purple Lilac. I am terrible at expressing myself and writing and what you wrote was so beautiful.
Love to you Both!

RT66Cruiser

P.S. Teacher30 you will have to tell me about your TVH, thats what my dr. wants to do. My DH and I are traveling to Sedona Arizona just at my 3 1/2 week mark. My Dr. thinks I will be just fine. I'm Nervous.
Unread 08-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Hi RT66Crusier! I had my TVH Feb 28, and returned to work at the 5 week mark. I think I was a little weakened by having the two surgeries previously in Oct. and Jan. so it took me a bit longer to recover than my doc. had told me. He told me that I would be able to return to work at 2 weeks. I couldn't, I was in too much pain still and very fuzzy headed from pain meds and anethesia too. It was very nice though not to have an outside incision to heal from, but you still have to be careful about your inside incisions. I ended up developing adhesions that had to be cleaned up during my BSO in July. Everyone is different, so you will just have to see how you are feeling. You will definitely know it if you over-do it! I over-did it at about the 4 week mark and had to take pain killers again. As for traveling, you will probably just have to take it real easy and play it by ear, unless you can change your trip somehow maybe by a couple of weeks so you can give yourself a chance to heal as much as you need without the pressure of having to be well before you might possibly be ready.

Hope that helps some!
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi Teacher30,
Thanks for info about your TVH. We can't change our vacation because everything is already booked. I really wanted it all done ASAP becaue of our trip, but my Dr. could not do it until the 8th. At first he said Sept. 1st then he could not get the OR until the 8th. We leave on a Thursday and that Sat. will be my 4th week mark. At first I didn't know whether to have it done AFTER our trip, but that would mean 2 more dreadful periods and one would be during our time in Sedona! It never fails, plan a vacation and you are due!!!! LOL I guess my choices were to be in pain due to my period or maybe have pain from the TVH. So after DH and I talked about it, I went ahead and scheduled my TVH for Sept. 8th. Now I will just have to take extra care of myself and go EASY!

RT66Cruiser
Unread 08-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Hi RT66Cruiser

Like you, I feel that I'm not very good at expressing myself but wanted to say thank you for agreeing with the post from teacher 30. I also think it was beautiful and it means a lot to me to know that you are both there for me as well as our other hyster sisters. I try my best to be sincere and supportive and feel that if I just write from my heart, I can't go wrong. We've never met but I feel like we have quickly connected and I'm always glad when I log on to see that there is a post from you.

Forgive me for my lack of understanding of American geography but just wondering if Sedona is a very long distance for you. Will you be driving? Hope all goes well with your trip and that you will be feeling better then.

All the best,
Unread 08-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Hi Purple Lilac!
Arizona is about a 5 Hour plan ride from the NH airport. We fly into Phoenix Arizona then we have a 2 hour drive to Sedona. It will be here before I know it!!!! I'm so very excited!

Sweet Dreams!

RT66Cruiser
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register