Home Now And Feeling Great | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home Now And Feeling Great Home Now And Feeling Great

Unread 01-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Home Now And Feeling Great

Well its all over and done with and to be honest is not bad at all.

My surgery was 22/1 and I came home 24/1, the only problem I have is bad neck and back pain, its terrible. Must have something to do with the way they operate on you.....

For all those ladies in waiting, like I was 4 days ago, its not as horrible as we all imagine it to be. The surgery took 5 hours, which kinda shocked me a bit, considering the doctor said it was about an hour..... I now know I have endiometrios which was not diagnosed until now. My doctor was shocked at how severe it was and complimented me on how I have lasted this long.....

The first 24 hours I did have a catheter in but it wasnt that bad, taking it out was a breeze, didnt feel a thing. I have had no pain medication at all since I woke from surgery, honestly just feels like some one has kicked me in the stomach, not painful at all. Oh but I have a terrible sore throat, maybe its a cold or maybe it is from the surgery, who knows.

Feeling a little bored now im home, not much to do, except sit back and watch tv, but im sure these next few weeks will go fast, heres hoping.

Well ive made it and im shocked and how easy, well not easy, but how good I feel now........

Take care everyone.......

Lisa from Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 07:21 PM

Lisa,

Welcome to the better side! Glad to hear things went so well for you.

Have you tried heat for the sore neck & back? It could be from muscle tension. I had lower back pain for the first couple of weeks post and a heating pad sure helped me.

Recovery can be boring, but the time does seem to go by a bit faster after surgery! Please be sure and follow your good rules - remember the pillow are everywhere.

Unread 01-24-2003, 07:49 PM

Lisa,
Well, glad to hear that all went well, and now your on the other side. The healing process, just remember that just because you are feeling good that you still have alot of healing to do. So don't overdue anything, As you will only set yourself back in healing. The time will go by faster then you think. I will be 7 weeks post op on Monday, And the time went by so fast. Just relax and get some good books or some movies and enjoy the pampering.
Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 08:05 PM

Welcome home!

Glad to hear all went well and you are on the road to recovery. Let the pampering begin, in style! Your crown looks lovely.

TC
Unread 01-24-2003, 10:18 PM

Lisa,
I'm so happy for you!
My surgery is scheduled for January 29th...and reading of experiences like yours is wonderful! Thank you for letting all of us still this side of feeling terrific that it's not so bad!
One bit of advice that friends have warned me of: Don't overdo because you're feeling so good...You could set yourself back! I've told my friends I'll probably want to be up and about very fast, and I was firmly put in my place. The mind may recover faster than the body!!
Holly
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:35 AM

Lisa

How wonderful that you are home and on your path to recovery. I go on Wednesday and am feeling optimistic.

Just wanted to mention that after surgery to tie my tubes 15 years ago, I woke to horrendous back pain. As soon as I was mobile enough, I straightenend myself on the bed and it was better. I had injured my back a long time ago and sometimes had problems with it. It seems that while I was still out after surgery, they moved me onto a gurney from the OR table and laid me in a funny position. It felt sore for a little while. Maybe it's something like that with you.

Good luck and have a safe and speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register