anyone with burning sensation over pubic bone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone with burning sensation over pubic bone? anyone with burning sensation over pubic bone?

Unread 03-24-2011, 03:38 PM
anyone with burning sensation over pubic bone?

I am 5 weeks post TVH with anterior repair and lift with mesh. Just in the last couple of days I have developed a burning type pain/sensation right at my pubic bone. I was thinking maybe because I have been feeling pretty good lately and my energy level and activity level have increased it was just normal, but I am also afraid of doing something wrong. I have not lifted anything over 5 to 10 lbs and the most my activity consists of is walking around house, I do go up and down the stairs a few times, and I load the dishwasher and cook a few meals. Outside the most I walk is total 4 to 6 blocks. Maybe 1/2 mile at most. I have my 6 week post op visit in 1 week. I do have a call out to my Dr. awaiting to hear back.
Does anyone else experience this type of pain? Have you addressed it with your Dr and if so what did they tell you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Re: anyone with burning sensation over pubic bone?

For many years following my hysterectomy I experienced burning pain across my pubic bone. For me it turned out to be Interstitial Cystitis (IC). Your issue might be a UTI or may be a healing issue.

Hopefully your doctor will have some answers for you! In the meantime, try to stay hydrated in case it is a bladder issue.

in there!

Unread 04-05-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist44 View Post
I am 5 weeks post TVH with anterior repair and lift with mesh. Just in the last couple of days I have developed a burning type pain/sensation right at my pubic bone. I was thinking maybe because I have been feeling pretty good lately and my energy level and activity level have increased it was just normal, but I am also afraid of doing something wrong. I have not lifted anything over 5 to 10 lbs and the most my activity consists of is walking around house, I do go up and down the stairs a few times, and I load the dishwasher and cook a few meals. Outside the most I walk is total 4 to 6 blocks. Maybe 1/2 mile at most. I have my 6 week post op visit in 1 week. I do have a call out to my Dr. awaiting to hear back.
Does anyone else experience this type of pain? Have you addressed it with your Dr and if so what did they tell you?
Yes, and the pain burning pain near the pubic bone never went away until I had the sling removed just last month. The sling is hooked onto your pubic bone, imbedded into it that is why you are feeling the pain.I suffered with all kinds of horrible ordeal since the TVT sling implant. After almost two years of suffering from infections to voiding difficulties and extreme pain, I had it removed last month and I felt immediately better, even with surgery stitches...sorry for the bad news but the TVT sling is not inert. Please google TVT bladder sling complications or even on this site, there are thousands of women who have their lives ruined because of the sling. The Surgeon found my mesh sling wrapped around the urethra choking the flow and part of the mesh cutting into my bladder, which explained all those UTI's. The entire sling must be removed...I had to travel out of state to UCLA Medical center because most Surgeons do not know how to remove it, so many women had to have up to 5 surgeries or more. There are only handful of skilled Surgeons in the country who can remove it properly. Make sure your surgeon has lots of experience removing the mesh, it is very difficult surgery, most gyn,uro or Uro/gyn will not even attempt to remove it saying it is permanent. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2011, 11:25 PM

Well thankfully my burning pain only lasted 3 days and then I lost about 3 stitches in the next 2 days so I think that had something up do with it.
I'm not really sure what I had exactly except she (my surgeon) did a bladder lift with mesh. I still have stitches trying to dissolve and so sometimes I do have some twinges but I'm not going to get over anxious about that until I've finished healing.
So sorry to hear about all your difficulties.
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist44 View Post
Well thankfully my burning pain only lasted 3 days...
Great news!

Hopefully your issue was simply part of healing and/or a cranky bladder from surgery and all is well for you now!

Unread 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM

I am # weeks Post op and am expeirencing the same thing.. my pelvic pubic whichever it is is hurting and is swollen! dont know wat it is???
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:17 PM
anyone with burning sensation over pubic bone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11241980 View Post
I am # weeks Post op and am expeirencing the same thing.. my pelvic pubic whichever it is is hurting and is swollen! dont know wat it is???
I don't know what type of surgery you had, but I had a vaginal hysterectomy with anterior repair and lift with mesh for a cystocele. I felt swollen on a daily basis probably until week 5 and the first 3 weeks I was so emotional and wished I never had the surgery. I am 1 day past week 7, today I walked outside for an hour straight, did some laundry, made a couple of meals, took an afternoon nap and tonight I feel done slight burning and swollen feeling in the vagina, but not so different than after a night of good long sex. So tolerable.
2 weeks is to me after being past that stage is to early to make a judgement call. All concerns that you feel is not normal though go through your Dr. Take it easy and hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-09-2011, 01:13 PM

11 days post op, vaginal hyster w/anterior repair, lift w/mesh and bladder stent. Same pain has popped up. I tend to lean against counters to stand due to partial paralysis, and am thinking I leaned up against the incisions that the urologist did with the sling/stent work.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sorry to hear others have had problems with their sling. Keeping my fingers crossed it's just that I'm so early on in my recovery.

How long before folks started to feel "normal", and not exhausted all the time?

Cheers,
Kathy
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Well think I feel pretty normal as far as energy level it's just the soreness or weird type of pinching or pressure pain right behind my pubic bone. Last night I slept with a heating pad between my legs like a diaper. Lol yesterday I was sitting cross-legged or Indian style and I think that had something to do with the increased pain. I know I still have lots of stitches inside so I can only imagine I am just pulling on them some way. Just came back from a brisk hour long walk though and did pretty good. Just cant wait until all the twinges, pinches, pull, burning, swollen pains go away completely.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register