Scheduled TAH i might just bleed till my surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i might just bleed till my surgery i might just bleed till my surgery

Unread 09-16-2010, 07:48 PM
i might just bleed till my surgery

Or at least it seems that way. I went to my ob/gyn on 8/26 and had already been bleeding for 5 days prior to that and it hasn't stopped. She gave me provera to take daily to try to stop it because, in her words, 'might as well not bleed to death before surgery'. It went to just spotting to a full on period so it isnt working!

I just needed to vent because this is crazy. I have this fear that I might need a transfusion. I haven't been able to have sex with my poor hubby. I think we have done it twice with a condom when the spotting subsided, only to have it start right back up again. And to think he will have to abstain when I am recovering. He keeps telling me to call the dr but it's like..what could she do? This fibroid is really wreaking havoc on my life!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Re: i might just bleed till my surgery

The dr might not be able to do anything but she can put notes in your file [well, the nurses will.] And leaving a message about your situation might help your dear hubby feel a little better. I know with my situation, I went to the doctors for 2 months complaining about my symptoms before they zeroed in on the right diagnosis. The advantage to keep bugging them was having a history of my symptoms in my medical records that they had access to when reviewing my case when I had schedule another appointment. Now I am having surgery 9/23. If I have additional issues of any kind, I call them up and let them know. Good luck!
Unread 09-19-2010, 10:20 AM

I agree with calling your dr. She really should know what's going on with you. There may be something that can be done

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2010, 09:04 PM

your doc will also want to keep an eye on your hematocrit. you'd hate to have surgery delayed because you get too anemic.

make dh happy: call your doc and talk to her plainly about what's going on.

hope you get some relief soon!
Unread 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM

If you call, theDr. might bump up the date. It worked for me, & I only called to ask questions.
Unread 09-20-2010, 05:41 PM

Thanks ladies! Today was so crazy at work, I couldn't breathe much less call the Dr. But I will definitely do it tomorrow. I remember when I had my c-section with my last baby, I was so anemic they wanted to transfuse. I had to take iron for months before I was right again.
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:05 AM

I'm feeling your frustration MissLady! I started on Aug 21 and am still going strong. My surgery is the 29th and I just might be going until then as well.
I feel so bad for my husband. He has been so sweet and kind. I have just said a couple of times...let's just do it! I miss his touch and being close with him that it's worth it!
Can't wit to be free of this affliction!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register