Travel? What is your earliest? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Travel? What is your earliest? Travel? What is your earliest?

Unread 10-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Travel? What is your earliest?

I was just wondering what the earliest anyone has travelled via airplane following their hyst? As I mentioned in another post, my boss keeps thinking I will be able to fly to Seattle with her at about 4 weeks post-op. I plan on breaking the news to her again after my follow up appointment tomorrow....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
About flying.

Hello Sister,

I am also wondering the same, as I am flying on October 29th! I was told it would be ok.

Thank you.
Unread 10-18-2006, 12:10 PM

WOW! I sure wish you the best! you will just be past the two week mark, right? Are you feeling up to it? I had a TAH and my tummy still feels quite tuggy, and some dull pains.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
About flying.

Hello Sister,

I can't complaint...I am sleeping, have BMs, eat well, quit my pain killers yesterday, I only get some gas pain but it goes away...I do have a cold though, but this is the season...It has been raining and yes, my belly feels a bit mushy. But that's what happens with wounds. I am just waiting for the tape and stitches to fall off my incisions...I feel I will be ok for my trip. Hopefully I will start walking outside by the end of the week. Woo Hoo! :0)

Thank you.
Unread 10-18-2006, 01:15 PM

Daisy 6

I'm in Sales so I travel quite a lot, I scheduled my trip to the Castle the only month I wasn't flying somewhere and travelled about 5 weeks after my TAH. I've travelled every week (almost) since then and you can do this ONLY if you are feeling strong enough.
Take a few tips from me:
1) Pack lightly - you can't lift a heavy suitcase - this was the hardest for me.
2) Get up and stretch on the plane - keep your circulation going!
3) Take Tylanol or pain meds, even ifyou feeling well, you never knwo when it will hit you.
4) Plan down time for a nap - I know it sounds crazy on a business trip, but you will hit a wall and it will be worse if you are in ameeting.
5) Go easy on the drinks at business dinners - you never know how your body will react - it took me a while before alcohol was the same as before.
6) Listen to your body - I didn't and thought I was Super Woman, lifted a heavy bag and HURT for a few days afterwards!

Hope this helps!

Best wishes - K
Unread 10-18-2006, 01:18 PM

I traveled at 5 weeks. I had to take a baby asprin a few days before and during and after the trip to help with blood clots, I also wore my tight ted Hose I got at the castle, The Dr said I did not have to but I felt more comfortable.. The at 7 weeks I moved 5 states away.. No problems... Just ask your Dr. I just made sure mine knew I was going and she said I could call if I had any problems on my trip.. Good Luck..
Unread 10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
About flying.

Hello Sisters,

Thanks for the advice and will sure keep your tips!
Thank you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register