Please help! Very sharp pain right ovary ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help! Very sharp pain right ovary ! Please help! Very sharp pain right ovary !

Unread 09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Please help! Very sharp pain right ovary !

I am 9 weeks out and having some problems. I called my dr. this morning because I was having symptoms of my bladder infection returning. I have been on 4 different antibiotics and each time it comes back....urgency, not emptying, painful urination, but this time I have blood on the toilet paper too. The nurse called in another antibiotic for me but now I am having a sharp pain like where my right ovary is. Anybody else ever had this? It would be my time of the month pre-hyst so I don't know if maybe it's something to do with that or what but it hurts .Thanks ! Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2008, 10:22 PM

sunset - has your dr checked to see if your retaining urine? Sometimes that can happen and if you are the amount left behind after you go can cause and infection. Since you have had several in a row you might want to have him check that. Also they can test your urine against different antibiotics in the lab and find just the right one that is affective against your particular bug.

I don't know about your pain, but maybe you can see if you can end the infection mess.

Good luck to you,

Starbgirl
Unread 09-13-2008, 12:20 AM

I went through a period of bad bladder infections years ago. Difficult to get rid of, kept coming back, basically went on antibiotics for about 3 months.
At one point kidneys were involved, pain was in upper area,, so maybe pain is nothing to do with ovaries but is kidneys?

I don't understand your medical system, in my country nurses don't "call in" prescription drugs. You go to doctor, or clinic, they take samples ( and they also grow them) and the doctor prescribes, and he changes the drug if they aren't working( all antibiotics are not created equal for the many different bugs you could be dealing with) .
Drink cranberry juice, drink it all day , lot of it. Seriously.
If blood is still visible in urine , if you run a fever, or if you start to feel sick , go to clinic , do not leave without being seen by a doctor, and insist that they culture your urine too.

Good luck. Hopefully this next drug with be the one that helps. Do make sure you take it EXACTLY as label says, and do not stop till done. Also , no alcohol at all. Not one drop. It can counteract the anti biotics , so you will never get well!

Good luck, hope things turn around now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register