Bladder pressure (not UTI) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder pressure (not UTI) Bladder pressure (not UTI)

Unread 08-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Re: Bladder pressure (not UTI)

Re: ibuprofen. None before surgery, same here! But I was encouraged by my Dr to continue post op even if not needed for pain as it is the best thing for inflammation. I usually take some at night when I go to bed. I have prescription 800 mg, so it is a higher dose than over the counter, but lasts up to 8 hours.
P. S. I understand about your medical situation as I grew up in England! We are very blessed here in US although we do have to pay a lot for our insurance. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM

I spoke to my doctor! I could not believe he called me back himself... Just to make seem like a liar hehe!

Anyways, he said ibuprofen was totally fine!

The bladder pressure is also totally normal he said, and he did say that it would last a little while, and that ibuprofen will help.

He said that my spotting is also totally normal. He said that as long as it is mild, it can last until our appointment in mid september.

He said if it gets just a little more, it means you need to rest more.

Of course, for true bleeding, go to the ER, obviously.

I feel very reassured!

Tonight I dont even have bladder pressure, or any type of pain!

LET IT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gen
Unread 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM

Yippee!!
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:23 PM

I am 7 weeks post op and I'm having the same problem. I'm really frustrated and down. Just when I though I was free of one problem .... now this. The pressure is really irritating and the burning is uncomfortable. It feels like a UTI ... I went to the Dr and got tested with a negative result. I'm just a little disappointed I was not advice of this possible side effect. I hope it gets better SOON, I really can't take another 2 weeks of this. Plus I feel an urgency to pee every 20 min.... I hate to go to public restrooms, so I'm staying home, and the feeling of having a UTI is not fun.
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:29 PM

Poor thing

I so feel for you!

Try the ibuprofen, my doctor said it would help! If it does not, try extra strength! And if it STILL does not, the nurse told me there are prescription pills for that (not antibiotics cause it is NOT UTI, but they are more to calm the irritation, talk to your doc about it if need be)

Feelin pressure there and the need to urinate all the time IS depressing and distressing! My doctor told me it may last "a while" but will go away, so please remind yourself of that, it's not forever!

Try the ibuprofen and let me know if it helps!

Hang in there, I know how it feels to think you are doing a very courageous thing (hysterectomy) and that your prize will be relief and peace of mind, only to have new problems! But they are temporary, thank GOD!

Gen
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Bladder pressure (not UTI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMontreal View Post
Poor thing

I so feel for you!

Try the ibuprofen, my doctor said it would help! If it does not, try extra strength! And if it STILL does not, the nurse told me there are prescription pills for that (not antibiotics cause it is NOT UTI, but they are more to calm the irritation, talk to your doc about it if need be)

Feelin pressure there and the need to urinate all the time IS depressing and distressing! My doctor told me it may last "a while" but will go away, so please remind yourself of that, it's not forever!

Try the ibuprofen and let me know if it helps!

Hang in there, I know how it feels to think you are doing a very courageous thing (hysterectomy) and that your prize will be relief and peace of mind, only to have new problems! But they are temporary, thank GOD!

Gen
Thanks, I will try the Ibuprofen.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register