Found the LAST Pad! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Found the LAST Pad! Found the LAST Pad!

Unread 03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Found the LAST Pad!

Months have gone by since my hyster ended the monthly cycle of pain, bleed + pain, and even more pain.

While returning home from my most recent (and hopefully last!) surgery, I was emptying out my suitcase and found the last pad. It was hiding in a side pocket, ready to come to my aid when Auntie Flo made her unwelcome appearance on the road without the usual warning.

It was with great delight that I removed the pad, still nicely wrapped in pink, and with considerable malice threw it into the trash. No, this pad would not serve another life nor assist the poor. It had been around the world twice, at least, if not more, tucked away waiting for its moment that would never come.

And I am sooo happy.

Yeah, the tumor removed was probably the source of the extra hellaciousness of the past few years, but I do not, for one second, regret the removal of the monthly source of suffering. Good riddance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Re: Found the LAST Pad!

Glad your Aunt flo has move on.... HUGS

God Bless
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:57 AM

When I returned from hospital, I also checked around and gave all my pads to my sister and mom! They even wondered what to do with my big cushy 'maternity-type' pads too. Haha. I needed them for my heavy bleeding before the operation.

The funny thing, I kept finding some pads hidden away in my laptop bag, handbag and even in my car! Those are my 'emergency' pads.

Well, no more heavy bleeding...no more rushing to the hospital...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2010, 06:07 AM

Ahdear, woot!
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM

I still find the odd pad stashed here and there--in desk drawers, in purses, in suitcases, in backpacks, etc. Every single time I find one, I get a huge smile on my face as I think about what I no longer have to deal with.

It's good to know you're smiling!

Unread 03-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Nothing like a move to make all the hidden skeletons to come out of the closets. I still had a few period undies too. I no longer have them.

I feel about 30 years younger with the tumor gone and not having the monthly suffering. I'm still drenching the blankets at night, night drenches being my main issue. Target's Champion line of shirts has been absolutely wonderful, while I'm still sweating like crazy, as least I'm not dripping wet. I may just head north this summer to cool off a bit. I'm thinking Phoenix may be just a bit too hot to handle.
Unread 03-20-2010, 05:38 PM

my roomate just found some tampons in my car, she looked at me and said "i'm taking them, you don't need them."
it has been 5 months since TAH and I still keep pads in desk and brief case. it's hard for me to pass the "just in case" feeling still.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register