I am worried about my ovaries! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am worried about my ovaries! I am worried about my ovaries!

Unread 03-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I am worried about my ovaries!

Well, I have been watching myself close, and I am starting to worry about my ovaries. I am having hot flashes, insomnia, nausea, weakness, and feel so tired! I hope my ovaries wake up soon! :hair: Any post op sisters feeling this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 04:58 PM

Yes! I kept one ovary and have been suffering with insomnia and overheating (not really hot flashes, but I get hot while lying naked under just a sheet now, whereas before it would take a sheet and comforter to make me feel comfortable). The thought of the ovary shutting down was just starting to enter my thoughts, so I'm glad you posted this. I'm anxious to hear what others have to say.
Unread 03-26-2005, 05:11 PM

Hi sisters - It's normal - they'll come back.
Mine wavered around a little bit a day or two just that first week (though not as bad as yours) but all is fine now. Keep drinking lots of water!

joano
TAH at 54/kept Ov's

(feel better now?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 06:12 PM

Question? Does just water work? I drink alot of ice tea. Matter of fact all day long I do. I kept one ovarie. Have hot flashes, and chills. Talked with doctor, yesterday, and he said let's not even think about the left ovarie shutting down. We have to give it time.
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Hey all!

I havent had hot flashes, or any of the symptoms you describe, but I definately think i am ovulating. I have swollen breasts.....either that or it was a gift from the boobie fairy
Somehow, I dont think so. If I do the math, I would be building to my period if not for this surgery, could your body still go through the motions as long as you still have ovaries? I dont know whats going on......

Take care

Christie
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:04 PM

Christie - Yes, it can and does! Everything that went on before, except the period of course.

Karole - If the tea you are drinking is caffeinated, then it may be making your symptoms worse. I'd suggest drinking mostly water for awhile and see if that helps. Water is better anyway when you are so soon post-op to help wash away all the anesthesia and drug residue. You'll feel alot better when that's gone. I drank alot of water for the whole first month.

Take care, sisters - it gets better every day! (& don't Do Too Much!)

joano
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:32 PM

I am so glad that I found this site. I have been having the hot flashes in the evening and quite frankly it never occured to me that my ovaires might be malfunctioning. I was afraid that I was having complications of some kind. Good to know that I seem to be normal!
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:37 PM

Ugh--insomnia, hot flashes JUST at night (not during the day--is that weird??), and I'm 4 weeks out. I only have one ovary, and I really hope it's going to be working, because right now I think it's in shock!

isewquilts
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:40 PM

Thanks for replying Ladies! I am so glad I am not alone in this! When I tell my DH I think I am having a hot flash....he just stares at me with a blank look in his face! LoL. Bless his heart, my MIL hasn't hit menopause yet, he has no idea what I am feeling! I think my dogs understand though, they always look at me strange!
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:29 PM

Me too!!! I have the hots, like you described-not exactly hot flashes, but get hot very ez!!!! I was told that it could be 8 wks, or more!!!! Hope not, I actually thought my ovaires were working cuz I could hv sworn I was ovulating a week or so, ago, when I would hv been coming around to my time of the month, but I don't know now. I go to the DR on Thursday, so I will come bk and post my findings!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register