where are the hot flashes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

where are the hot flashes where are the hot flashes

Unread 06-09-2006, 06:54 PM
where are the hot flashes

I am 3 days post op with TVH with both ovaries removed. All and All I am feeling great. in fact when I take my pain meds(percocet) they kind of hype me up and I end up probably doing to much. My question is I am on the patch vivelle .1mg. I Keep waiting for a hot flash or to freak out I have been on Prozac for quit some time, besides one little crying episode for no reason today. I have been fine, could everything still be asleep?? I am just not sure what to be expecting if anything?? Also any opinions on the patch???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2006, 07:12 PM

Hi skypmh!

Consider yourself lucky that you haven't had any hot flashes! I hope you won't experience any. At this point in your recovery your body still has hormones made by your ovaries, and they will deplete over time. You might notice some symptoms and fluctuations as that happens, or you may do just fine.

I'm also on the 0.1 Vivelle Dot and I love it! It's a bioidentical estrogen (estradiol) and is changed every 3 1/2 days. I don't have any trouble with it sticking and working well for me.

Best wishes as you continue your recovery!

s
Unread 06-09-2006, 07:14 PM

I didn't have any hot flashes until about a month after my LAVH. They got progressively more frequent and severe until I couldn't deal with them any more, and that's when I went on Climara 0.1.

isewquilts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2006, 07:30 PM

Sky...I'm 4 weeks post-op and was on Vivelle-dot when I had my surgery. I've never had any hot flashes either, but know it's still a little early. I have more fatty tissue than I need and the estrogen may be hanging in there for a few more months so I'll have to wait and see. My problem is I've noticed getting nauseated the first day after applying my patch and then it's over. I know it must be hormone related. I think let's enjoy the lack of hot flashes and be thankful.

Blessings,
Rose
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:05 PM

hi i just started the vivelle 0.1 too i first was on the climara 0.06 and the hot flashes started just after i got home, i was stripping in the kitchen to my undies,so in the first week they moved it up to the0.1 and when i went to the post op i asked for a differen't kind because it was huge and she switched it too the vivelle,dot and so far so good just a few minor ones,i'm so glad your not getting any i hope they stay for ya.
and make sure not to over do it,because just when you think you can do it all it hits ya,like a freight train...good luck and god bless
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:26 PM

I am 14 weeks post op. I am on Climara 0.05. No hot flashes so far. I hope I didn't speak to soon.
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:52 PM

I'm 6 1/2 weeks post op (ovarian tumor, had everything removed including cervix). I had some "mild" hot flashes... along with other menopause symptoms. I'm on bio-identical ERT (compounded cream) plus an OTC progestrone cream (also bio-identical) and things are slowly getting "better". I still have what I consider to be "flushes"... not really hot flashes... I just get warm... feel flushed... and then it goes away. I'm sure the ERT needs to be tweaked.
Unread 06-09-2006, 09:12 PM

Thanks for the info I really have not heard anything negative about the patch. I guess I just keep waiting for something major to happen, (panic attack, melt down, hot flash, horrid pain!) since they did take alot my insides out and all. oh the wonders of Modern Medicine!
Unread 06-10-2006, 06:19 AM

I had everything out and started Climara right out of surgery. I was perimenopausal pre-op having horrid mood swings, vaginal dryness, lack of libido, headaches and hot flashes. Since surgery and starting the patch, gone. I did switch to vivelle dot 3 weeks ago and noticed 1 warm flush the night before I was due to change the first week, but nothing since. Hope you continued to be controlled as well as I have been. Good luck.
Unread 06-10-2006, 06:56 AM

I have gone 21 weeks so far and no hot flashes. I am not taking any hormone replacement drugs yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register