How can I rest/recover when I'm so angry?! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How can I rest/recover when I'm so angry?! How can I rest/recover when I'm so angry?!

Unread 08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
How can I rest/recover when I'm so angry?!

Don't you dare go back into work because of this moron!

1) You are on leave. You need to heal. If you mess up your healing time, you could have major health consequences.
2) You do not need the stress!!! When I had my SAH, my secretary called me every other day with questions & to let me know that my boss was trying to get me fired while I was gone. It completely messed me up & made my recovery that much slower. Stop answering the phone & your emails. Nobody has ever put on their tombstone that they should have spent more time at the office. You do not live to work - you work to live!!!!!!
3) If you are on any type of disability payments from the state, you could lose your benefits if you try to do any work, whether from home or in your office.

It just isn't worth it, mentally, physically or financially, for you to help this chick out. Please heed your sisters' advice & stay put!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Please don't give in

I have my surgery (TAH, BSO) on a Thursday (June 22)and I was ordered in the following Wednesday. From that point it has been nothing but one set back after another. I am to go back tomorrow full time but even after 7 weeks I just do not think my body and mind are ready because I never had one day off. They actually even sent someone up to the castle to ask me a question the day after surgery. So please do not give in. Put yourself first. I wish that I would have.

Beth
Unread 08-14-2006, 04:01 PM

Beth,

that is horrible! I work in a stressful office and trained my replacement before i left and they all knew I was availalbe if needed but that nothing would be un-fixable if broken! Take care of your self!
Unread 08-14-2006, 05:36 PM

OK, honey, been there, done that. Let me tell you my experience. I was the ultimate go to person at my job. I thought nothing was more important than what I did there as I was "protecting the community". I work in the criminal justice field and found fugitives, had them picked up and registered sickos for Megan's Law, etc. I was so important (ha!). I began having problems, healthwise. Prior to that, I was invaluable, felt I couldn't miss a day, etc. When I began to have problems, who was there for me??? My family... The job went on, I know you don't want to think that way, but the job does go on. My job ended up resenting the fact that I was sick. My support came from home, even the ego pumping, simple as, "Mom, we're glad you could come get us today". Trust me, better than, "Andrews, you're the best", ANYDAY!!
Here I am a year later and 2+ wks post TAH, and guess what, I'm not going back. I'm going to stay home and substitute teach and take care of the family that has been there for me and I came to realize, really needs me more than the paycheck or the prestige I had.
Anyway, that's my really long way of saying, DON'T DO IT!!! Don't go in, let them handle it and you take care of you, because they won't.
Unread 08-14-2006, 11:28 PM

Is there a way you can use your dr. as the bad guy. If he writes you a work release you would be able to tell yourself and work. "I'm sorry my doctor just refuses to let me come into work. I am no where near up to the task." I know I'm the sterotypical "good girl" I never want to let anyone down, keep the brave front, and do everything just right, even at my own detriment. A doctor's note sometimes is more for me than my surpervisor. It gives me the permission I need to stay in bed.
Take care of yourself!!
Unread 08-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Thank you!

Thank you all for your advice... you have been wonderful - and thanks for the s!

I have heeded your warnings and am still home. I told my boss I'm just not ready to go in there and that I'll do what I can from here - a couple of hours a day on the laptop (split, I can't sit for long), but not going in. We East-coasters definitely are way too driven for our own good.
Unread 08-16-2006, 09:00 AM

Atta girl!! Way to go. Let them handle it without you. Right now is for you. To h*** with the East Coast work ethic. Believe me, I know what you mean, but as we say in this area, right now, you do you.
I had the same procedure (mine was a TAH though)for the same reasons too. I wouldn't even think of working right now. Keep up the good work on your healing. Enjoy this time to just pamper yourself! Keep us posted!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register