2 weeks post hysterectomy: New pain....is this ok? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post hysterectomy: New pain....is this ok? 2 weeks post hysterectomy: New pain....is this ok?

Unread 04-27-2015, 09:47 AM
2 weeks post hysterectomy: New pain....is this ok?

Good Morning

I started to have these sharp shooting pains last night in what I think was my left ovary and then some aching on the right side lower abdomen. Today I woke up and right above my pubic bone throbbed. Thought maybe it was my bladder. Now I'm having throbbing pulsating pain between my abdominal incision and pubic bone but it feels deep. It hurts, then eases for a bit, then gets stronger again. Had more bleeding during the night but not a lot. I've bled all along so far. Still fresh blood.

Yesterday I started being able to feel , I believe, the incision lines in my vagina from the repairs. I can pinpoint regions better now. Thinking b/c some pain has eased off and where I felt more numb is waking up. I've had almost no pain in my vagina surprisingly until lately. Just felt like pelvic pains before. I have burning and pains in the vagina now. Those pains don't worry me as I think they're normal.

Any insights? Normal? I know many on here had the hysterectomy without repairs but my pain is abdominal. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Re: New pain....is this ok?

I remember being told to report any "new" pain to my doctor. Perhaps a call to your doctor is in order. S/he may want you to come in to be examined.
Unread 04-27-2015, 11:14 AM

Call the Dr. I am also in BC and had to call mine on Friday for similar pains. He saw me the same day. Mine is all fine, but its best for the Dr to tell you that!
Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2015, 12:52 PM

I called my surgeon. He's in surgery all day. My wed afternoon appointment was moved to tomorrow morning. I have to call back he said if it gets worse. Hubby at work today until about 8pm. Don't want to ask my mother in law to drive me again. She's already taking my kids to their Tae Kwon Do for 5:15 pm. I know this isn't just healing pain. It's quite intense. Wondering if it's my bladder doing something. No idea. It's concerning me but I know if it gets worse my surgeon will talk to me regardless. Last Mon he called me between surgeries and then had me call him back on his call twice that day and then saw me the next day and again kept in contact with me all day by cell. I'm lucky to have a great surgeon. Wish I wasn't home alone all day with my kids though. They're being good and off playing. They can get their own food if need be. They're 7 and 9.
Unread 04-27-2015, 12:53 PM

Pollywollywoo where are you in BC?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register