I think I'm going crazy waiting! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I'm going crazy waiting! I think I'm going crazy waiting!

Unread 11-15-2005, 09:43 AM
I think I'm going crazy waiting!

I'm two weeks away from my surgery and I am losing my mind. When I'm awake, I think of all kinds of horrible things that could go wrong. (Yes, I know most of them can't or won't happen.) I'm having really bizarre dreams, the worst was that I woke up after surgery and they had added male parts. I guess I'm worried about my feminity.

I try to walk every day but often I'm hurting so bad that I can't last 5 minutes (much to the disappointment of my Boston terrier) I've tried to pray, meditate, drink sleepy time tea.

My DH tries to be supportive and understanding but he's afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing.

Has any body else felt this way? What can I do to help it pass or at least settle it down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2005, 10:13 AM

You have the same surgery date as I do. I can totally relate to what you're talking about. I'm so scared that they'll find something else wrong with me, like cancer on my liver or lung cancer or something else just as horrible.

If I try and concentrate on other things, it helps. I'm planning my Thanksgiving dinner for twelve and I'm going to paint my office before I go in because I know I won't be able to do it after the surgery (plus DH dosen't paint, he builds things with powertools).

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain. Are you taking Tylenol?
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:23 AM

We are the same day!!!!! The last two days I have found myself to 'snap' at DH and DD's. I know because DH just gives me a puzzled look and then gets me to laugh... like saying this with his head popping back and forth...."Oh no you didn't just 'tude me!" LOL He is so funny and I NEED that sooooooooooooo much right now.
I told everyone that loves me that I need humor in my life so please don't hold back the funnies....Laughter has always been used in my family as a relief and healing. Even at funerals!
So, for Thanksgiving we are saying a family Goodbye to my uterus!! LOL
On the inside, I am getting nervous also. I think about the room I will have, I pray against any mistakes that could happen like hitting the bladder and stuff like that. I plan on mentioning that to him also.
I am nervous about having my Pre-Op the day before and not like a week or a coupld of days before...When is yours?
Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2005, 12:32 PM

Okay, let's try a little humor!

A police officer takes 4 12 year olds in front of the judge.
"Your honor, these boys were causing chaos at the zoo."
The judge says, "Boys, I want you to tell me your name and what you did to be in court."
The first boy said, "My name is Bob and I threw peanuts at the elephant."
The 2nd boy said, "My name is John and I threw peanuts at the elephant."
The 3rd boy said, "My name is David and I threw peanuts at the elephant."
The 4th boy said:"My name is Peanuts . . ."
Unread 11-15-2005, 12:40 PM

I totaly understand. I go in onThrusday and feel like I am totaly on edge. I was so worked up this morning I almost cancelled. It is amazing how your mind can make you crazy. I keep trying to slow down and breath. Goods luck. I think the waiting is the hardest part.
Unread 11-15-2005, 03:16 PM

LOL that was cute!!
Thanks for the laugh...I am gonna tell that one to my girls.

mickeymouse, I understand. I had to tell myself to 'get a grip' yesterday. I don't want DH and DD's to be on egg shells around me....that would be awful I think.
You are right, the waiting is the hardest part...didn't they make a song like that??
Unread 11-15-2005, 05:03 PM

The waiting is certainly tough. Once I had scheduled my surgery, I continued to read here and other places about what might happen, and I did wonder if I'd made the right choice. However, I was so eager to be rid of my symptoms, to get my life back, that I just focused on those benefits. Whatever else might happen, I would just deal with it as it came up. Don't wear yourself out wondering about every little thing that MIGHT happen to you. My experience with the surgery and the outcome have been great. I realize that l've been lucky, things could easily have gone another way, but it's a risk I'm very glad I took.
Unread 11-15-2005, 05:27 PM

I know what you mean, I'm not getting a hysterectomy, but I'm going in for my second ovarian surgery. I think waiting is the hardest part, especially waiting for the pathology results. I'm just very glad everyone on this board is so kind and helpful! Good luck with surgery!
Unread 11-15-2005, 05:38 PM

My sister had a hyster a few years ago and also said waiting is the hardest part. She got herself all worked up "over nothing", were her exact words. So I keep trying to remember that...I wear white pants at work also, so that will be a big relief not having to worry about gushing.....Hope it goes well for you.
Unread 11-15-2005, 08:49 PM

Yep, I'm half nuts too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register