minor breakdown - 9 days post op LSH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

minor breakdown - 9 days post op LSH minor breakdown - 9 days post op LSH

Unread 10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
minor breakdown - 9 days post op LSH

Hello Sisters,

I feel terrible today. Just was doing a lot better 2 days ago. Minor set back and part of the process of healing I'm sure.

As the incisions are healing, I am becoming more aware of just how bad the center of my belly hurts It is soooooo tender! ~ exactly where the uterus used to be ~ Even though this was done laparoscopically, it is a major surgery.

I guess I also feel like others around me (not much support available - I have love but those around me are ill) - expect more from me - or maybe I just expect more from myself!

Needed to get that out as I am just about to curl up in a ball and cry, like I used to in the pre-op pain. I guess I also waited a little too long for my pain meds, which I just took before typing this... should get some relief soon.

Thank you for listening - I just don't know what in the world I would do without my sisters! You are absolutely invaluable!!!!!!

~ Sue

ps - and maybe I just need a big cry too but I don't want to get my head all stuffy right now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Aww huuggss for you , dont forget to stay on top of your pain meds at this point theya re very helpful. it is hard when there is not much suport around you . dont feel preasured to do things for others this is a time for you to take care of yourself and heal and do waht is best for you. no moatter how you had it done it is major surgery and will take a bit to recover from .. big hugs and take good care of your self.
hugs
Lisa

Unread 10-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Thank you Lisa, I am doing a little better since taking my pain medicine. I'm frustrated because I can't do what I want to... and was honestly not able to do what I wanted to before surgery either. There was, for me, no longer that I could wait or 'put off surgery til a more convenient time'....

I'm so very glad I can vent here ~ It helps beyond what words can express!

... and I am actually doing pretty good at taking care of myself, no one else will, and I'm not angry about that, just don't like being stuck in bed, ya know?

anyway, as the day rolls on, it will be night soon, and more quiet here, and I will move from sitting in bed to sleeping.......... ahhhhhhhhhh

's to all my sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 03:52 PM

(((Sue)))
I'm sorry you're not having a good day. I am also 9 days post LSH. I think I may have overdone things today. I went grocery shopping and to PetSmart. I am now on the couch watching TV. I will probably pay for it tomorrow. Oh well, it felt good to get out.
I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you.
Unread 10-14-2007, 03:52 PM

Sue,
Hugs to you (gentle ones)- take the pain meds as scheduled, not "as needed" you will notice a difference and no, you will not get addicted - trust me, I'm a nurse. Being in pain makes everything 10 times as crappy as it really is.
Unread 10-14-2007, 05:12 PM

Hi Adeno3,

I also had a LSH. I agree with the other ladies that your pain meds are important right now. My Dr. told me that it was important to finish my pain meds...and to stay ahead of any pain..since it helped with the healing process. As you said, a LSH is a less invasive hyst and it is major surgery. With my LSH, everyday got a little better. I hope the same happens for you.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 10-14-2007, 05:34 PM

Dear sister, I too had a laparoscopic hysterectomy on Oct.1 2007. I still hurt and
today i could cry my eyes out. People are starting to say well, are you going back to work? Give me a break it has only been two weeks. i wish we could meet and talk together we probably would have alot to say. Try to rest, so will I, and do not let the pain get ahead of you! Much love and care your sister.Fela
Unread 10-14-2007, 05:53 PM

I just lost my whole reply - I hate when that happens..... anyway

Wow sisters - thank you!!! I just knew I would get support here... I've taken my pain meds twice since my first post today, and it has helped a lot!

The nurse is right, everything is 10X crappier when I'm in wicked pain.

It seems I misread the bottle - I thought it said "take this so you can function" (like I was doing pre-op) - but what it really says is "Take This So You and Your Body Can Rest and Heal!!!!"

Oct 1 sister, I forgot your username already, but I understand... I keep getting people saying "they do such wonderful things today, you'll be better in NO Time" - yeah, well they weren't the ones on the operating table!

That's why it is up to me to take care of myself! No one else knows what is going on in my body - except the sisters here - who are alllllllllll sooooooooo encouraging!

Getting better and almost bedtime - now I just hope I sleep - last night didn't get much sleep, and that makes everything like 20X crappier????

Thank you all for the smiles!

PS - I am in awe of those of you who are getting out of the house - Take it EASY! - I hurt from one small car ride. Post op appt tomorrow morning.
Unread 10-14-2007, 05:59 PM

Hi Ladies,

It's very normal to get discouraged around this point in your recovery. We take for granted our ability to be busy and active. When it's taken away we tend to get a little frazzled. If you find you're overdoing it, go back to staying in your jammies all day. It reminds you and others around you that you're recovering and not ready to be back in full action. Do continue those pain meds, and know that you're not alone. Try not to put pressure on yourself to be doing more. After all, it's doctor's orders! Peace to you.

Tracy
Unread 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Hi Sue....I am also from NJ....so I am a neighboring sister!!!...I too had a LSH via the DaVinci robotic surgery....my belly and abdomen stayed tender for a long time...I am 7 1/2 weeks out now and probably have not felt the tenderness for the last 2 weeks...so it is better to be patient and not expect any miracles in the healing department.....I found that I felt better at 2 weeks than I did at 3....at the 3 week mark I think I was starting to overdo it and paid for it by being tired and sore all over again...I noticed that I really could not handle pushing a grocery cart even without paying for it for a few days...felt like I pulled a muscle badly in my side...so give your body plenty of rest....it is hard and you do go stir crazy.....I still cannot push my vacuum...that is how long certain muscles take to heal, for me anyway......I am always amazed when I see some that are up and about and back to the gym, etc, within days...you have to wonder what kind of damage they are doing internally.......my incisions have healed very nicely..they were glued shut and it took the glue almost a month to start peeling off...they are barely noticeable and not tender at this point anymore......as far as sleeping, I am starting to be able to get back to normal, although I went to work part time this week and wound up being very tired this weekend...so just know that each week your body is healing you will experience up and down moments....don't be hard on yourself and if others expect too much from you...remind them that internally you still have alot of healing to do and you do not want to risk that in anyway...just listen to your body and give it plenty of time and rest!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register