abdomen tenderness ... how long past 6 weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abdomen tenderness ... how long past 6 weeks? abdomen tenderness ... how long past 6 weeks?

Unread 03-16-2008, 10:35 AM
abdomen tenderness ... how long past 6 weeks?

Hello everyone,

At my 6-week check, my doctor told me to expect it to be another month to three months for my abdomen to be tender. But, then he said it would be a full year until I'm completely healed inside.

My question is: when is your abdomen not tender at all... where you can press on it and it doesn't even hurt? Is this 6 months into recovery, or is it the full year?

I'm just trying to figure out when I might expect NO tenderness at all in my abdomen... not even when something presses on my abdomen, or when I wear tighter jeans, etc.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 03:37 PM

I have had days that the skin felt tender. In fact on Friday I did LOTS of walking and bending and moving heavy items.

I wasn't in pain but when I touched the skin above my scar it is sore. It wasn't uncomfortable but reminded me I had surgery. This happens very rarely for me now.

Anyway, in answer to your question. For me it was at 10-12 weeks when it didn't feel tender any more.
Unread 03-16-2008, 04:05 PM

At 10 wks now and it's still a bit (the skin) tender to rub my hand across abs on top of incision. I can lay on my stomach with no problem, just a smidge tender.

Every week it gets better.

Keep the faith, it does get better......it does seem like forever though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 04:43 PM

between the tenderness and the swelly belly I have a feeling we're going to be reminded that he had surgery for much longer than I expected.
Of course that also translates into "I'll be a Princess MUCH longer than expected" , right ?
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:00 PM

4 months and I am still sore. In fact, I am back to all normal activities and I "forget" I had surgery until days like today. I feel sore. :-( I've heard it will take a while! At six weeks I was REALLY sore. At least until 10-12 weeks I for sure knew I had surgery. Take it easy!
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:08 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I still laugh at myself that I was telling my friends and family pre-surgery that by 3 weeks post-op, I'd be up and running around like my normal self. BOY was I in la-la land! haha.

This recovery has been SUCH a shock to me...

Anyway, all of what you are saying is exactly what my doctor said... he said it'd be another 1 - 3 months from here (I'm 6 weeks post-op tomorrow) that my abdomen will be tender. But, since he's a guy and obviously HE has never had a hysterectomy (haha), I just wanted to see if what he was saying IS really acccurate. But, it sounds like it is. He is a great doctor... I'm not at all putting him down. But, it's just nice to hear it from someone who has actually experienced it.

Well, I guess I have another 4 - 6 weeks to go until I REALLY start to feel totally normal! At least by the time summer rolls around here I'll be feeling great (hopefully) to be outside and running around!! :-)

Thanks everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register