Difficult urinating two days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Difficult urinating two days post op Difficult urinating two days post op

Unread 05-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Difficult urinating two days post op

I had the davinci robotic laparoscopic vaginal hyster two days ago. I am still having a hard time urinating. My bladder is fill nit when I sit down to pee... the pain is so bad it takes literally 15 minutes to start peeing. Once I start to go it takes another 15 minutes to empty my bladder. All in all each trip to the bathroom takes 30 min. My doc says my bladder is bruised... But I wonder if something more is going on? Anyone else have this problem? I don't have a fever or any other signs of infection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Re: Difficult urinating two days post op

Your doc is probably right. The bladder get bumped and moved around a lot during surgery. I also work in surgery, and I see the procedure. During a vaginal hysterectomy, there is a retractor that is used to hold open the vagina so they can get the uterus out, and sew up. That retractor rests right on the hoo ha, so I can see that the urinary opening might be a little bruised as well. I don't know that this is how your surgery went, I can only go by how they are done where I work. Since you only had surgery two days ago, you probably still have a lot of tissue swelling. Going to pee should get easier as the swelling goes down. Do you feel any external pain? Ask your doctor before doing this, but when new mothers have trouble peeing because of the trauma to the hoo ha, they are instructed to fill a small squirt bottle with warm water, and squirt it on the external area to help get the pee started. Hope I helped. Hugs
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Re: Difficult urinating two days post op

My LAVH was 4/23 and I had the same problem. I could'g get my bladder to empty. I can't say it was pain as much as pressure. I'd get out what I could, walk around the house for a bit and try again. It usually took 2-3 tries before I could get enough out to feel relief. I know they did a cystoscopy at the end of my surgery and injected dye I presume to make sure there were no holes in the bladder. I also only have one kidney so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. It took me about 5 days to fully empty in one try. Then day 6 was a reversal and difficult again. Now it's doing much better so hang in there. It tends to work itself out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register