So Frustrated! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Frustrated! So Frustrated!

Unread 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM
So Frustrated!

I saw by surgeon Friday for my 4 week check up. I am still not sleeping well, on somewhat of an emotional rollercoaster and still have minor hot flashes...(I still have my ovaries). When I asked her about this, she said everything should have been cleared up in 2 weeks after surgery and if it wasn't, would I consider talking to someone like a therapist. Umm. I'm sorry. I didn't know my hot flashes were something a therapist could fix? When I told her I was not depressed, (it was obvious she was picking and choosing what she wanted to hear), she said it was just my diabetes. She seems to use that as a fall back for everything I describe to her. Example, when I run my hands over my abdomen where my incisions were, it burns in the muscles. She said it was diabetic neuropathy. It most certainly is not neruopathy. She is saying my insomnia is because I am not getting restful sleep. That would be true if I was ACTUALLY SLEEPING, which I explained to her, to which she then re-blamed my diabetes. I am frustrated that this doctor who I had so much faith in is letting me down big time. She rechecked my hormone levels which are normal, but I certainly don't feel normal and head back to work in a week. How long can I keep waiting for things to go back to normal for me ie: emotions, sleep etc.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Re: So Frustrated!

I think our doctors think we are being dramatic. They assume that because the "number are okay" that we should be "okay". I would try to talk to another doctor. I am sure that it is completely annoying having to ask someone else these question but sometimes this is what we have to do to get the appropriate information.
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:03 PM

I have an appointment with my pcp, but since the change of the year and insurances, I am not scheduled until Feb 25th. Looks like I have to hang on for a bit longer, but I can do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2013, 06:10 PM

Honestly? You sound like me. I did not start sleeping through the night till about 8 weeks out. I still get the occasional night sweat, not as bad now, just on the nights when I have sex. I guess it has something to do with the release because my labs are good too.

Hang in there, be patient, it will get better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register